Now ive calmed down

sqblue said:
i think i'm the only person who thought gelson had a decent game yesterday. he seems to have finally got it that passing forwards is allowed. him and VK worked pretty well, and took it in turns to go forwards. one of them popped up on the edge of their are pretty frequently.

sadly, our front 2 couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Yeah mate your the only person

saleblue said:
look at svens signings
garrido Not the greatest but hes not been bad recently
gelson Was bought for the future as sven was following a 3 year plan.
bojinov Looks like he could be class just a shame about the injuries
petrov Best signing last year an excellent player.
elano On his day he can be shit hot
castillo Paid 1 million pounds of his own money to come to us on a loan
caceido Like gelson bought for the future (3 year plan remember)
benjani Bought out of desperation as the money sven was promised never appeard
geo Has been class at hull this year and look were they are in the league

enough said apart from petrov ( and ill give bojinov a chance)

saleblue said:
now ive calmed down after the last minute shambles at wba im beginning to think we should all stop being so negative and anti hughes. The point is the guy has been here for just a few months and took over a team that from the 2nd half of last season had relegation form wriiten all over it culminating in an 8 - 1 battering at boro. His signings have been decent, swp, zaballetta, company especially are pretty consistant performers. TBH is a pub footballer and why we paid 5m for him when we already have nedum as back up is beyond me. Jo, as we all know is a joke. No pace, no bottle, no heart and very little effort but was he down to hughes or thaksin? The reason vassell plays at the moment is because weve no one else. At least vass gives his all for the shirt. I too dont think he should be in the team but have we better options at the moment. Most people including myself said elano. Not anymore cos the shit hes been serving up game after game is a disgrace. Hes lived off that newcastle goal for far too long. Swp, zab,company, dunne, robinho and ireland are the ones we can rely on plus petrov when hes back. Richards has gone backwards ( and makes dunne look a twat) , gelson and haman are not good enough anymore. Benjani, jo, evans and vass etc are clearly not good enough. Sturridge is all i would keep out of our strikers. Hart is a good enough squad keeper. Lets get off hughes back and give him a fair chance . If hes leaving elano and jo at home for instance then deep down we all know why. They couldnt give a shit. No one gets on there backs. The plus point this season is stevie ireland, frustrating last season, world class this season. He ran his balls off yesterday for the cause. Lets get behind hughes and wait til hes shipped most of the shit out before we make a judgement on him. CTID

I'm totally confused to be honest because on paper I think we have some really good players and at times this season we have played some scintillating stuff but then both under Sven and now Hughes those players have shown frailties and clear weaknesses in certain games.

I think a lot of it boils down to confidence and the negativity brigade seem intent on this self fulfilling prophecy of impending doom.

You only have to look at Sunderland sh*t under Keane and then he resigns and this Sbragia comes in and they win two games scoring four goals - you're not telling me that is down to tactical genius in Sbragia's part. A large proportion is down to a new feeling of positivity - that's why you always see an improvement of performance under a new manager but that is always short term

If you actually take the emotion out of things I think we all realise that the squad needs strengthening we have some really good players and that has been shown this season. Hughes is no duffer he has done well previously and there is no reason why he can't at City.

What we as the fans can do to help is actually support the club and the team and it frustrates the hell out of me that so many fans just don't get that creating this crisis, calling for the managers head week in week out only leads to the inevitable fall in results - which ultimately leads to the sacking of the manager.

I was struck yesterday how when West Brom needed lifting their fans got right behind them and for that support they got the result they wanted. We need to do the same on Boxing Day - if the players get the backing and they don't get the result then we as fans have a right to express our disappointment on here but when we sit and criticise we are just making the players jobs harder.

My advice to the sack brigade is give the guy a chance to succeed and he 'may' surprise you.

Challenger1978 said:
saleblue said:
look at svens signings
garrido Not the greatest but hes not been bad recently
gelson Was bought for the future as sven was following a 3 year plan.
bojinov Looks like he could be class just a shame about the injuries
petrov Best signing last year an excellent player.
elano On his day he can be shit hot
castillo Paid 1 million pounds of his own money to come to us on a loan
caceido Like gelson bought for the future (3 year plan remember)
benjani Bought out of desperation as the money sven was promised never appeard
geo Has been class at hull this year and look were they are in the league

enough said apart from petrov ( and ill give bojinov a chance)

That's more like it Challenger! Good points...

saleblue you forgot Corluka.

Here are Hughes' signings for similar inspection...

TBH
SWP
Zabaleta
Kompany
Robinho(?)

Oh and how could I forget...

Berti(?)

1.618034 said:

TBH
SWP
Zabaleta
Kompany
Robinho(?)

Berti(?)

Geo is class at Hull and guess what ? Sven never picked him !

1.618034 said:

TBH
SWP
Zabaleta
Kompany
Robinho(?)

Berti(?)

I forgot about bianchi as well a player that couldn't settel in england, that wasn't sven fault.

BTW a lot of people tend to forget that sven was signed up in the last couple of weeks before the season started so he had barley any time to sign all those players.

He really should be given a chance to spend the money. It's no where near as bad as the league table make sout. 2 Wins and we're back in the top half. There are a lot of things wrong but he showed with Blackburn he can polish a turd, so what real harm is it going to do to at least give him a couple more months.

And who is going to come in if we sack him really?

Beard said:
He really should be given a chance to spend the money. It's no where near as bad as the league table make sout. 2 Wins and we're back in the top half. There are a lot of things wrong but he showed with Blackburn he can polish a turd, so what real harm is it going to do to at least give him a couple more months.

If we get relegated can i come round your house and shove a red hot pocker up your arse ?. If so i'll jump on the hughes in badwagon (how confident are you really) .

Challenger1978 said:
Beard said:

If we get relegated can i come round your house and shove a red hot pocker up your arse ?. If so i'll jump on the hughes in badwagon (how confident are you really) .

100% we won't get relegated, i'll have my arse hanging out if we do plucked and ready.

I just think he should be given time, everyone knows that changing the manager all the time is a stop gap. He is making some strange decisions i agree and he pisses me of a lot with his selection and playing people out of posistion, but for some reason i think he will get it right.

And plus what is the better option right now?

Challenger1978 said:
Beard said:

Would that really be necessary???

And what do you mean... A red hot poker or a red hot pecker? The mind boggles... I don't think Beard deserves it, whichever it is! (although it looks like he can't wait apparently... I am on the right forum?)

Oh and while I'm checking your spelling... Was "badwagon" on purpose? Very clever if it was...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.