Now wake up Hughes!!

Theo555 said:
Ok and now we have SWP so vassell should not be playing on the bloody wing or up front!
If SWP plays in midfield...as he did against Germany, who plays out wide or up front?

SWP had a free role, more or less the same position he played for City, but England played without a wide right man so at time SWP took up that position, and at times he ran with the ball from central midfield.

The top teams don't expect their players to play in rigid positions, their strength is their ability to pass and move

In recent games, what have been the striking deficiencies/errors? they have been soft sendings off, back passes, and Dunne howlers. All this obsession with tactics is mis-placed......i stems from a desire to blame the manager......when the reality is that the players are just making simple mistakes. They need a couple of results, and the resultant increase in confidence

What marvin???

Did you watch the game yesterday? SWP was playing right wing with johnson behind him - barry and carrick in midfield and downing left mid - swp did not play centre mid!!!

Marvin said:
Theo555 said:
Ok and now we have SWP so vassell should not be playing on the bloody wing or up front!
If SWP plays in midfield...as he did against Germany, who plays out wide or up front?

SWP had a free role, more or less the same position he played for City, but England played without a wide right man so at time SWP took up that position, and at times he ran with the ball from central midfield.

The top teams don't expect their players to play in rigid positions, their strength is their ability to pass and move

In recent games, what have been the striking deficiencies/errors? they have been soft sendings off, back passes, and Dunne howlers. All this obsession with tactics is mis-placed......i stems from a desire to blame the manager......when the reality is that the players are just making simple mistakes. They need a couple of results, and the resultant increase in confidence

The voice of reason as usual. You are quite right about the obsession with tactics. No tactics will stop a player from making a bad backpass, or missing the ball, or getting a silly second yellow. But somehow these things are the manager's fault??!

Regarding Vassell vs. Elano, I don't think anyone would argue that Vassell is the more skillful of the two, but there are other attributes than skill, such as workrate, application, discipline, that he does possess. Teams are all about balance, and not about picking the 11 most skilful players. This is especially the case when, like us, you are in poor form.

Braggster said:
Marvin said:

The voice of reason as usual. You are quite right about the obsession with tactics. No tactics will stop a player from making a bad backpass, or missing the ball, or getting a silly second yellow. But somehow these things are the manager's fault??!

Regarding Vassell vs. Elano, I don't think anyone would argue that Vassell is the more skillful of the two, but there are other attributes than skill, such as workrate, application, discipline, that he does possess. Teams are all about balance, and not about picking the 11 most skilful players. This is especially the case when, like us, you are in poor form.

Both of you spot on the money

kippax casual??? Are you for real? You think vassell is more skilful than elano?

Is it just me or does everyone here think vassell is more skilful than elano????

vassel would struggle to get into a championship side, so why do we who are city and supposedly going places play this pile of useless shit never been any good and never will be unless dropped down to his rightful level ie pub football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.