N'Zonzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's supposed to have been an absolute revalation this year under Sampaoli, getting praise from all over the place, and under a manager very similar to Pep in style. so I don't doubt his quality for a second, Pep knows a good player when he sees one and he knows who fits his style.

The money and age are not the problem, we paid more for Fernandinho at almost the exact same age and it's been a bargain.

However the idea of spending €30m in January on a defensive midfielder of all positions is baffling. Fernandinho is back, Fernando is playing better than ever. Yaya is doing great.

CB and Fullback are the obvious weaknesses, everyone knows that.

I can only assume we would move Fernandinho to CB, play 343 and have Nzonzi play as pivot.

He's supposed to have been an absolute revalation this year under Sampaoli, getting praise from all over the place, and under a manager very similar to Pep in style. so I don't doubt his quality for a second, Pep knows a good player when he sees one and he knows who fits his style.

The money and age are not the problem, we paid more for Fernandinho at almost the exact same age and it's been a bargain.

However the idea of spending €30m in January on a defensive midfielder of all positions is baffling. Fernandinho is back, Fernando is playing better than ever. Yaya is doing great.

CB and Fullback are the obvious weaknesses, everyone knows that.

I can only assume we would move Fernandinho to CB, play 343 and have Nzonzi play as pivot.

I think N'zonzi might be converted into a ball playing CB.

Graham Hunter

@BumperGraham

Deal. Selfishly I hope he stays in La Liga. But Sev told me: 'looks like they're gonna take him from us!' Who, though, is the big question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.