Oakland Raiders move to Las Vegas

Mad Eyed Screamer

I have absolutely zero interest in American football - but this takes the biscuit (or cookie).....
The comments from the club about accepting Oakland fans will be ''disappointed'' are beyond belief......
For anyone who didn't give a shit about Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes, this is franchise 'football' for you....
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19016323/raiders-move-las-vegas-approved-31-1

I loved how Goodel says the Raiders need "certainty and stability" from the city they're in. Yeah, those are the two words I most associate with Las Vegas, not "hookers" and "coke." It's okay -- Raiders players don't have a history of abusing their free time or anything.

It's fucking 100 degrees (38 for you Brits) there in September by the way. The entire town is made up of transplants from other cities who have an affinity for whomever they grew up supporting.

This will not end well. But American football is also not going to end well. It's sport all the mothers of America could shut down in 24 hours if they had a Trump-type leader with a Twitter account. 3 1/2 hour games, interminable stoppages, commercials up the wazoo, a horrid standard of play . . . ugh.

Players get better whores. Whores get better money. No issue?

The NFL is a joke of an organisation. Three relocations in little over a year, that's a lot of lost fans.

Hasn't this franchising lark been going on for years in US sports?
As for the Raiders: Oakland Raiders moved approximately 340 miles to LA to become the LA Raiders from 1982 to 1994 and then re-badged as Oakland following their return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.