Oakland Raiders move to Las Vegas

A lot of famous US sports teams have moved at one stage. I'm a fan of all the "LA" teams. Minneapolis Lakers, Brooklyn Dodgers, Oakland (now Vegas) Raiders and the Kings from LA.

Just the way it is there.

Is their stadium going to be a big air conditioning unit like they probably will have in Quatar?

If so I hope it's all powered by solar or they'll have some electricity bill.

Who are the 3 locations?

St Louis Rams became the LA Rams last season.
San Diego Chargers will become the LA Chargers next season. Which is even more baffling considering nobody there was arsed about the Rams the season just gone.
Oakland Raiders will become the Las Vegas Raiders.

It's a joke and a massive stain on American sport imo.

The Packers have it right, non profit organisation, community owned, massive part of the city and are never getting relocated, despite having the smallest market in all of the major American sports.

Last edited:
It's fucking 100 degrees (38 for you Brits) there in September by the way. The entire town is made up of transplants from other cities who have an affinity for whomever they grew up supporting.

Wait till we've 'brexited' - first thing should be to get the 'old money' back! Pints n' gallons, rods, poles n' perches, pounds 'n ounces and degs F! Thank God we hung on to miles 'n furlongs -not to mention 'chains'!

The LA Dodgers were originally from Brooklyn. A bit off topic but it was a very poor part of Brookyln and they had to cross tram tracks to get to the ground/stadium.Hence the name 'Dodgers', that is what someone in New York told me

"On October 8, 1957, O'Malley announced that after 68 seasons in Brooklyn, the Dodgers would be moving to Los Angeles. In a move to bring baseball to all parts of the country, the Giants also decided to relocate from New York to San Francisco"

That is like City moving to Berlin, probably further actually

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.