Obesity in uk

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
@BlueHammer85 has just posted this in the General election thread

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ng-obesity-related-conditions-than-on-the-po/

And it got be thinking about obesity in children, in the article it mentions the usual, cutting down on sugars in kids foods etc but doesn't seem to mention the lack of physical exercise our kids receive in their schooling week.
I've just looked on line and it says that kids are supposed to do a minimum of 200 minutes every 10 working school days. Now surely this isn't enough, me personally i'd have them doing at least an hour per day. School day would be 8-5 for me with the kids taking PE in the morning and late afternoon, the schools could employ specific trainers to do these roles along side PE teachers. Most of the kids who are taking these sport science degrees but then struggling to find employment could go directly to schools for a couple of years after they finish their courses before moving onto the exact field they want to do.
If we kept them fitter at a younger age then surely we'll make savings in the long run.

I think 8-5 is too much for them, but i definitely think they could do more and a hell of a lot more exercise. Some people hate sport and it will be difficult to engage them, but everyone has a trigger point for something i guess.

Agree completely but needs a cultural shift from government given the target chasing they currently have to do.

The evidence is stacked highly in favour of encouraging physical activity in school both physically and academically.

As ever though it comes down to time and funding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, there isn't enough PE is schools, because the govt have placed the emphasis on grammar, reading and arithmetic because kids are arriving at school having done none of them

Funny how the rate of children getting fatter goes up so does the rate of kiddy fiddlers knocking about!

Clearly paedo's like their kids with a bit of extra meat on their bones!

Solve child obesity and you solve the rate of nonces lurking about.

I'm not a fan at all of this idea of blaming schools for everything. If your kid is fat, that's on you, not on the school. People need to start taking more responsibility for their own kids. We never had all this extra PE at school and we weren't all fat little bastards.

Stop feeding them shit, don't just buy them a games console instead of doing any actual parenting and make them go outside and do some activities. It's lazy parents who have fat kids

I'm not a fan at all of this idea of blaming schools for everything. If your kid is fat, that's on you, not on the school. People need to start taking more responsibility for their own kids. We never had all this extra PE at school and we weren't all fat little bastards.

Stop feeding them shit, don't just buy them a games console instead of doing any actual parenting and make them go outside and do some activities. It's lazy parents who have fat kids
This sums it up.

But Bigoscar? Perhaps you're the fat bastard allowing your kids no cake; )

Yep. I'll run with this too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.