Obesity in uk

I'm not a fan at all of this idea of blaming schools for everything. If your kid is fat, that's on you, not on the school. People need to start taking more responsibility for their own kids. We never had all this extra PE at school and we weren't all fat little bastards.

Stop feeding them shit, don't just buy them a games console instead of doing any actual parenting and make them go outside and do some activities. It's lazy parents who have fat kids
Is the right answer. If you're kid is fat it is solely down to you, not the school, the education system, the government,
Supermarkets, manufacturers or the environment, you and only you are responsible. You see umpteen programmes showing
wailing parents either in denial that their child is becoming a land whale, or blaming everything and everybody but
themselves, yet the kid has no money, doesn't do the shopping and doesn't cook the meals.

I'm not a fan at all of this idea of blaming schools for everything. If your kid is fat, that's on you, not on the school. People need to start taking more responsibility for their own kids. We never had all this extra PE at school and we weren't all fat little bastards.

Stop feeding them shit, don't just buy them a games console instead of doing any actual parenting and make them go outside and do some activities. It's lazy parents who have fat kids

I'm in no way putting any blame whatsoever on the schools but i do feel that 1.5 hours a week in school is nowhere near enough. But is it extra is has it diminished from years ago? i'm certain we had more than they do currently plus you then had football or rugby practice afterwards.

Yes the parents are solely responsible and diet is as much to blame as lack of exercise but schools are the perfect opportunity to get a large group together and get them involved in some form of activity.

I, like most on here, grew up spending most of our time outdoors doing something or other and the generation now don't seem to do half as much, it's obviously easier for a parent to stick a games console in 'Jonnys' room and know what he's doing all evening and i can see why some parents would rather do this so that's why i'd advocate the school doing more.

Buy 'em a bike, and tell 'em that whatever time they spend on the console they have to double it on the bike. And then serve them their tea on a saucer! You all know it makes sense.

Buy 'em a bike, and tell 'em that whatever time they spend on the console they have to double it on the bike. And then serve them their tea on a saucer! You all know it makes sense.
When i was a lad( I know I'm fast becoming a FOC) my mum had an evening job , and I'd have to make my dads tea aged 14. Proper food, not microwave ding ding done in an instant shite either.

My mum only saw a blur after school as i ran past, chucked my bag and may have heard something about me going to the astro turf to play footy. 9:30 pm id run back home and beg for 30 mins more. My mum never saw me as a kid. I remember there was always a bowl of fresh fruit for me and i never got told off for hammering that, biscuit tin was 'ONE, not one of each, ONE' and one it was as i was watched like a high threat prisoner being transferred.

I had a snes but that was for cold rainy days when it really was to bad to go out. Then again i had top class sports facilities round the corner and a swimming pool, a load of great woodland with a river very close and 3 parks within spitting distance. They have built a multi million pound youth centre in Wigan with a pool and stuff to so the investment seems to be there.

Internet and gaming, a bit of moderation with that and fewer would be fat imo.

Funny how the rate of children getting fatter goes up so does the rate of kiddy fiddlers knocking about!

Clearly paedo's like their kids with a bit of extra meat on their bones!

Solve child obesity and you solve the rate of nonces lurking about.

Shirley there's two schools of thought on this.
1. Fat kids easier to catch but harder to pick up and put in a nonces car
2. Skinny kids harder to catch but easier to pick up and put in a nonces car

I'm in no way putting any blame whatsoever on the schools but i do feel that 1.5 hours a week in school is nowhere near enough. But is it extra is has it diminished from years ago? i'm certain we had more than they do currently plus you then had football or rugby practice afterwards.

Yes the parents are solely responsible and diet is as much to blame as lack of exercise but schools are the perfect opportunity to get a large group together and get them involved in some form of activity.

I, like most on here, grew up spending most of our time outdoors doing something or other and the generation now don't seem to do half as much, it's obviously easier for a parent to stick a games console in 'Jonnys' room and know what he's doing all evening and i can see why some parents would rather do this so that's why i'd advocate the school doing more.
The thing is though, you don't have 1.5 hours a week of physical activity at school, you have lunch time and break as well, where most kids (who aren't lazy fat cunts) are running around chasing each other or playing football. Then there are loads of clubs you could be a part of after school, but your parents have to be arsed to take you.

I'm part of the (I think) first generation to have grown up with video games. Sinclair spectrums.. Commodore 64's all that bollocks right up to innovations such as the NES and Mega drive.
Never occupied all our time though, We'd always be on bike rides or playing football. If you didn't have a bike you went and found a battered old frame on the croft and stuck wheels on it, swapped stuff for one or whatever.
As has been said already itt. We're living in a age of frightened parents who want their kids at home and not roaming the streets and I can understand that. We are becoming a fat country though and I partly blame amongst many other factors the "convenience and choice" of the supermarket.
Schools even teach cookery anymore? Stick the little kids on treadmills at school too. Might need to put them in front of a VR screen though, Make it seem like they're doing their own temple run or something..

As a kid me and my mates used to play footy before school, at dinner and after school and we were always out and about until the parents dragged us in. Personally kids only have so much concentration I would do all the academic stuff in the morning and afternoon sports cooking and basic stuff with your hands. How much stuff did we learn at school was even relevant or we forgot about as soon as we got in the real world.

This is a very good post. 9-12 Every day should be the academic studies. 12-1 Lunch. 1-3:30 P.E, cooking, languages etc with Wednesdays free every week from 12 for sports/games/activities/clubs like at University. For 14 year olds plus, another afternoon should be free to learn trades and skills in preparation for the real world. In the final year this should be a placement at local firms. There should be school run activities (for a small fee) all days except Wednesday's to encourage kids to be more active, such as swimming, martial arts etc.

In Spain the kids are in school from 9-5 and have after school activities every day. In all honesty it's too much and most kids here are destroyed but there should be a happy medium between theirs and our systems.

Also why do supermarkets have Mother and Child parking bays right next to the entrance, let them park on the other side of the carpark, so when they come out after shopping munching the chocolate bars and crisps they can burn off the calories.
Its the same with the disabled. How can we expect them to sort their walking out if all they have to do is roll out of their cars into the disabled space by the door and hobble round the shop?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.