Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

13.06 Pep Guardiola has allowed Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o an extra week off in a bid to find himself a new club with David Villa and Diego Forlan touted as possible replacements.

just an update from the sky sports website, looks like he has left himself without a club

sniff said:
13.06 Pep Guardiola has allowed Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o an extra week off in a bid to find himself a new club with David Villa and Diego Forlan touted as possible replacements.

just an update from the sky sports website, looks like he has left himself without a club

I think I might invoice Sky Sports for my translation services. The following was posted at 1131 today.

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
Probably nothing, but with Adebayor allegedly dragging his feet, what chance us going back for our number one target?

Barcelona have given Eto'o another week's holiday, according to El Mudo Deportivo, to gain a bit of time in the hope they will receive an offer. This is contradictory to what was reported yesterday by the same paper, which stated that Eto'o would be welcomed back in to the squad at pre-season training as 'just another member of the squad.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Forzacitizens said:
as much as i'd like eto'o at the club, its obvious somethings not right, and we can't be taken for mugs. Im not convinced eto'o really wants to come, and its always been about money, so imo we have done the right thing in walking away

I agree, plus we should set a time limit on the Adebayor transfer. Give him until tomorrow morning to make his mind up and then walk away from the deal if he is still umming and arrring, and move onto someone who actually wants to play for us.

Look at us getting all cocky now we've signed Carlos. We would've waited 'til the end of the earth for these sort of players not long ago. Whatever next ? turning Messi down unless he has MCFC tattooed on his forehead.
no but we dumped eto deal because it was dragging on and moved on to ade , now he is doing it .Eto n barca had time to stew so lets see if there ready to sport a deal ..

sniff said:

Maybe we are stalling on the Adebayor transfer?

just have this feeling we will get eto'o, with Villa now looking v likely as it says he is going to buy out his own contract at Valencia to move, eto'o is now a cert to move.

Hey Ric - that bet might not be down the pan after all..... ;-)

The bad news is that he's now 5/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barcelona 8/13
Man Utd 4
Man City 5
AC Milan 14
Chelsea 20

I cant see how Eto can stay at Barca - they are going all out for Villa and the club have made it clear they want to sell and get some money for him to fund the purchase of Villa.

His situation seems untenable.

Thing is no other clubs in Europe apart froM Real and City can even match what he is earning at the moment let alone the crazy money we have offered him. its going to mean a season of misery for the player and club (As with Beckham at Real when he was running don the last year of his contract - just worse due to the public fallout between club and player)

Really he was mad to miss out on what we offered him.

Balti said:
Hey Ric - that bet might not be down the pan after all..... ;-)

The bad news is that he's now 5/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barcelona 8/13
Man Utd 4
Man City 5
AC Milan 14
Chelsea 20

I thought this morning that City were stalling on the Adebayor deal but having listened to MH about it, I think it's virtually a done deal and that would surely mean the Eto deal is well and truly dead. We're not going to buy them both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.