Official CityvSantander thread.

HAHA!! what did i tell you all about 50 cent Phil!! he looked promising tonight! a good run good positioning and class finish,everything ched is not!!

We cannot dress this up as anything other than a fucking battering by a team who all knew there roles, where committed and wanted to play for each other, everything that we are not.

Bad day at the office or a sign of the times?

Evans was awful today, i think he must have a phoebia of heights because he didnt jump for 1 header tonight

lancs blue said:
bluemoonmatt said:
PSG & Racing level on points, level on goal diff, and dreww with each other, who goes thru with us and Twente and hows it worked out ???

PSG won 4-0 and go through on GD.

Ta, at the time of typing i'm sure it was 3-0 but then everything crashed, just out of interest does anyone know how they would of decided the other place had PSG not scored a 4th

OrigamiNinja said:
Hughes has fucked big time here tonight with his team selection, if he had picked a bunch of kids the performance and result may have been the same but he would have been given some slack cos we played with a bunch of kids but he has picked a team of players half of which are regulars every week and we have got dicked by a team that are far from anything special! I honestly believe this could be the end for Hughes!
He's restricted to picking from the squad he named at the start of the tournament

bluemoonmatt said:
lancs blue said:
bluemoonmatt said:
PSG & Racing level on points, level on goal diff, and dreww with each other, who goes thru with us and Twente and hows it worked out ???

PSG won 4-0 and go through on GD.

Ta, at the time of typing i'm sure it was 3-0 but then everything crashed, just out of interest does anyone know how they would of decided the other place had PSG not scored a 4th

Drawing lots I guess, no other way of separating them.

We were always likely to lose this game given that we had qualified, and had rested half a team, and they needed a win.

See Villa last night, and Spurs tonight - who very nearly went out of the competition tonight

However, why do we persist in playing such a suicidal attacking formation, when the defensive midfielder is Hamann? Maybe Hughes wants to bed the system in, and feels it's makes the best use of the players available

Yet another reminder tonight that this squad is totally lop-sided - full of attacking midfielders, and little or inadequate cover in midfield. Doesn't matter how many SWPs and Robinho's you have, if you've got big gaps in the rest of the squad.

That said, I'd like to hear from Hughes why he persists with this very attacking formation given the inadequacy of some of the players to play it. Are we trying to play around Robinho in the same way that we did Gio?

Main thing is we are through. the only English club to top the Group. I hope the moaners reflect on that. poor performance, but we're in the draw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.