Official : Leicester have SACKED Claudio Ranieri

Ranieri laid the foundations for both Mourinho at Chelsea and at his last big job at Monaco but doesn't play the most inspiring football either. While Pellegrini isn't the most of inspiring of managers does play attractive football especially in full flow.

Pearson laid the foundations for him in my opinion,hes just carried the form on.

Bit like Pelle who players got bored of and who made sure he was replaced with lacklustre performances after winning the league.

Nice man Claudio(not Pelle,met him and hes a twat)and sorry hes gone but a shit manager and why hes gone.
Pelle a twat? Are you having a laugh?

Pelle a twat? Are you having a laugh?

No im not.Met a couple of peops at City who are not all they seem,dare not say the other as think it would break your heart :).Just my opinion gathered over a number of days.

As long as City are winning I dont care but image is everything.

What I will say is that Kidd,Chapman,Aguero and Zabba are different class.Genuine "what you see is what you get" types.

Football has changed so much since those days, the gap financially and draw wise between the top sides and the rest has been huge. Back in the day derby,forest,Ipswich and many others could do well in the right circumstances. I believe the 5000/1 is the largest winning odds for a single team or player in sporting history.
I doubt their was a smaller gap between minnows Watford in the 4th tier and the likes of the dippers and rags in the top tier in those days than there was between ourselves and the rags and Leicester last season, the TV money paid by the premier league these days has an equalising effect as we've seen as does the capacity of even the smallest clubs in the premier league to attract top players from the likes of the French, Belgian and Italian leagues. It's not like Leicester's owners weren't pumping money into the club either, they spent more than £100m over their earnings just to get into the PL in the first place. Compare that to Taylor, brought Watford all the way up from the fourth tier, left, came back when they were about to slip back into the third tier and got them back into the top flight again and did all of it playing fantastic attacking, free-flowing football. People in England seem to have a view of the man that's coloured by his time as England boss, fair enough, but that shouldn't detract from his achievements at Watford. Oh and if you could find a bookies that would offer you odds on the likes of say, Hartlepool or Orient going from league 2 to the top 2 in the Premiership in just 5 years, or even Watford in 1977 doing it, you might find the odds were similar or better.

I doubt their was a smaller gap between minnows Watford in the 4th tier and the likes of the dippers and rags in the top tier in those days than there was between ourselves and the rags and Leicester last season, the TV money paid by the premier league these days has an equalising effect as we've seen as does the capacity of even the smallest clubs in the premier league to attract top players from the likes of the French, Belgian and Italian leagues. It's not like Leicester's owners weren't pumping money into the club either, they spent more than £100m over their earnings just to get into the PL in the first place. Compare that to Taylor, brought Watford all the way up from the fourth tier, left, came back when they were about to slip back into the third tier and got them back into the top flight again and did all of it playing fantastic attacking, free-flowing football. People in England seem to have a view of the man that's coloured by his time as England boss, fair enough, but that shouldn't detract from his achievements at Watford. Oh and if you could find a bookies that would offer you odds on the likes of say, Hartlepool or Orient going from league 2 to the top 2 in the Premiership in just 5 years, or even Watford in 1977 doing it, you might find the odds were similar or better.

It's not based over 5 years though it's based on that one season. I was following football in those Watford days and them finishing second wasn't as big a surprise in that season as Leicester winning the league.

It's not based over 5 years though it's based on that one season. I was following football in those Watford days and them finishing second wasn't as big a surprise in that season as Leicester winning the league.
That's where I can't agree with you, Ranieri had the benefit of all the investment, scouting and work that went in before he was appointed, including the fantastic work done by Steve Walsh, who signed the likes of Kante, Mahrez etc. Taylor built everything from scratch from a non-existent base in the old 4th division, trying to compare it over a season is silly as it disregards all the work put in by Taylor to get Watford into a position to finish 2nd, he could hardly do it in his first season. They're both fantastic achievements (as was Clough's, although he started from a stronger base than either imo) and Ranieri isn't the undoubted winner.

Ranieris statement is pretty sad. Daft decision.

What are the general thoughts of Leicester fans? Do they agree or not

That's where I can't agree with you, Ranieri had the benefit of all the investment, scouting and work that went in before he was appointed, including the fantastic work done by Steve Walsh, who signed the likes of Kante, Mahrez etc. Taylor built everything from scratch from a non-existent base in the old 4th division, trying to compare it over a season is silly as it disregards all the work put in by Taylor to get Watford into a position to finish 2nd, he could hardly do it in his first season. They're both fantastic achievements (as was Clough's, although he started from a stronger base than either imo) and Ranieri isn't the undoubted winner.

You're taking the posters comment as an overall achievement as a club under a manager. I'm taking it as a achievement for that season. It was a huge surprise that hasn't been done before. We are just looking at it from different angles.

A colleague of mine who knows Ranieri says he has told him the player's have been heavily influencing the direction this has taken, and he's been telling him since December that he wouldn't make it to the end of the season!
Sounds about right with reports a select group of players met with the owners in Seville

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.