Official Manchester Derby Thread.

Re: Official Dirty Scum v The Only Team From Manchester Thread

DaMancs said:
Bellamy was good for us today, I would like to see what happens at the eastlands. I think it will be a tight match. We are weak at the back, Toure was not very good in the air neither was Richards, Lescott looked asleep at times. When Owen was subbed on this was too much for the tired defence to handle.

Did any of our £40 million worth of central defenders win a header today??

Today also showed how bad we need a new right back, giggs roasted richards everytime. every goal came from that side,

It makes you laugh fergie sayin that it could of been 6 or 7 nil if they didnt make mistakes, well if we didnt make any mistakes we would of won, what a joke

The one player we were missing yesterday was Emmanuel Adebayor. Given was hitting it up the pitch for Tevez and/or Bellamy to chase, and in the end we kept giving it away to a rag player because they didn't have the height. It showed how much of a key player Adebayor is for us, not just in terms of his goalscoring but his ability to hold up the ball. Big big loss.

The official time for Bellamy's goal was 89 minutes and 54 seconds and Hughes continued: "We scored right on 90 minutes and the board was already up for four minutes. We have since timed it from when we scored to when the game kicked off again and it was 45 seconds. They [United] actually scored after 95 minutes and 26 seconds, so he has obviously played too much time – and he actually went on to play 97 minutes in total.

Case closed.

I agree, i thought we played well and Fergie chats absolute garbage. I think we will finish top 4 and with a few decent signings win the league next year. Bellamy is proving his point. All in all everythings going well.

I think we were bossing the game just before half time and thought we'd over run their midfield in the 2nd half, the exact opposite happened and we were pushed right back for a good twenty minutes or so. I'd not be too harsh on any individual player in defense or midfield but as a team they didn't seem able to to push play further up the pitch. We were obviously struggling in midfield and I thought that's when Hughes should have thrown Zabaleta on in the middle. Aerially we looked a bit vulnerable again and VK in the middle would have have cut a lot of stuff out down the middle. The extra time was a piss take and a draw would have been a great result given we wre without both target men, one of our best midfileders and Robinho. Take that much talent out of the SCUM first team and they become Stoke!
Win our game in hand and get above them ASAP!

I'm as frustrated as everyone else but Bridge looked like the only player we had that could do the basics of defending. Micah has got his own head that far up his own arse its unbelievable. He got roasted yet again, what has Zabba or Nedum got to do to get back in the team. And ready for the missiles to be thrown in my direction but does Lescott look £20m better than Dunne. Surely we should have been looking for better than him.

I will always maintain, Nedum is the best defender at the club. End of.

I thought Hughes' tactics in the 2nd half were wrong.

It was obvious that playing United on the break was not working and it was insane to allow them to keep attacking like they did.

Playing so deep in your own half is not a good idea at Owe Trafford.

just some thoughts:

i felt a little sorry for given yesterday - i'd say he was beating himself up on fletcher's first goal - looked like he thought it was going wide but realised tool ate that it was gonna sneak in! he was in position, it was an honest mistake. he made up for it in spades afterwards with wicked saves from berbatov and giggs. he deserved to be playing behind a more solid defense. we were poor all afternoon - never looked solid or comfortable. bridge was weak, toure was ok, lescott was very bad, looked completely out of his depth; frightened and nervous. richards was poor. i've stood up for him in the past but i agree with many posters on here that he should be dropped. i definitely think onouha should come into the defense, he's solid and focussed - unlike richards or lescott. midfield was good ... barry and de jong are a great partnership, no doubt. ireland was ineffectual, as was SWP (he was more occupied with protecting richards). tevez was impressive, hard-working and honest. once or twice it did seem like he was just ambling around but in fairness, i didn't even expect him to play so ican't complain. bellamy was superb - a role model for robinho and the rest of the players. took them on singlehandedly and deserved to be on the end of a better result. he deserves great praise. i was delighted with the fact that we kept battling, never giving up, coming back again and again - i must admit though, i think we were let down by our defense. for the last minute, all we had to do was bring the ball down and hold onto it, play down the clock. obviously devestated by the injury time fact but here's to the future. the team only needs to be tweaked - next 3 or 4 games will be interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.