Official Mark Hughes Poll II

Should Mark Hughes remain as City manager?

• Yes

Votes: 192 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 227 54.2%

• Total voters
You hear reports he has lost the respect of the players, if he has, and he dosn' t sort it out soon then he should go.

Brucie Bonus said:
Niall Quinns Discopants said:
These results are very interesting. After everything that has gone through about half of the people are still behind him. We conducted the same poll in other site. The result is as we speak about 70% of people in favour of getting rid of Hughes. Interesting indeed.

LOL. It's like Parliament this..."in the other place" / "in another place." TBF NQDP the other place has been opposed to the Welsh Act since it's first reading. At least that's my take.

I can categorically say that's not true. There has been vocal minority who have been suspecting his managerial skills from the start (many people there seem to consider me as the main culprit for some reason) BUT there has also been very aggressive pro-Hughes camp there just as there has been here.

Truth is, I WANTED that rag twat to prove me wrong and ram my words down my throat as that would've meant we would've been sucesfull. It just never happened.

1.618034 said:
Spot on Elanjo... Why didn't we get this poll after the win at Schalke? I wonder what the result would've been then? You remember that game all of 16 days ago!

Fickle? Absolutely!

Not really....UEFA is a bonus. It would have been nice to do well in that competition as long as our league form held up, but at the moment I couldnt care about UEFA results...even if were to beat AC Milan 5-0 away from home in UEFA I'd still want Hughes out if we're showing relegation form in the league.

bluemoon1078 said:
mullsy said:
To all those who have voted yes , exactly how long would you give him ? In the last poll 4-5 weeks ago a lot of the yes voters stated they would be worried if we were in the bottom 3 by Jan ! Its nearly squeaky bum time .

no it isn't, we will not at any point hit the bottom 3! only the squeeling tarts are flapping!

Lol , squeeling tarts I just love it . For City's sake & yours I hope we don't drop into the bottom 3 because with that quote of yours you will look like a right cock !

emphatically yes, he came on a three year plan and i see nothing to change that,lets get on with supporting our club

I'm not fooling myself into thinking that our current squad is good enough to compete with the top 4 and aim for the Champion's League, but look at the players we've got, SWP, Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Robinho, Kompany, Elano, Jo, Benjani, Hart, Ireland. Does that sound like a team that should, in mid December, be outside the relegation zone on goal difference? By anyone's standards this season has been a f*cking disgrace, poor performances, complete lack of defensive strength, tactical mistakes, confusing formations, the inability to get top performances from top players, the list of problems is endless. Sven had his issues, once his tactics were worked out there was no plan B, but Hughes seems to have no plan A, it's simply not good enough. Yes we've had some good performances, Pompey was excellent, Arsenal was also good (although they did have half their side missing), but too few and WAY too far between. I wasn't convinced Hughes was the right man for the job when we hired him, but once he was here I gave him my support. I even voted yes last time this question was asked. However enough is enough, if Hughes can't get even passable performances from our current squad why should he be trusted to get decent results with a better lineup, with top quality players? I'm not convinced, in fact I'm not willing to wait for him to fail with our expensive new signings. It's a definite NO for me now.

The question is if indeed he's lost some respect from the players how is he going change that and get the players to perform for him ? From what I can tell there seems to be a bad vibe coming from the players and Hughes needs to sort it out quickly.

Matty said:
I'm not fooling myself into thinking that our current squad is good enough to compete with the top 4 and aim for the Champion's League, but look at the players we've got, SWP, Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Robinho, Kompany, Elano, Jo, Benjani, Hart, Ireland. Does that sound like a team that should, in mid December, be outside the relegation zone on goal difference? By anyone's standards this season has been a f*cking disgrace, poor performances, complete lack of defensive strength, tactical mistakes, confusing formations, the inability to get top performances from top players, the list of problems is endless. Sven had his issues, once his tactics were worked out there was no plan B, but Hughes seems to have no plan A, it's simply not good enough. Yes we've had some good performances, Pompey was excellent, Arsenal was also good (although they did have half their side missing), but too few and WAY too far between. I wasn't convinced Hughes was the right man for the job when we hired him, but once he was here I gave him my support. I even voted yes last time this question was asked. However enough is enough, if Hughes can't get even passable performances from our current squad why should he be trusted to get decent results with a better lineup, with top quality players? I'm not convinced, in fact I'm not willing to wait for him to fail with our expensive new signings. It's a definite NO for me now.
Everything I wanted to say summed up here. Since the arrival of Hughes hardly anything has gone right. If it wasn't for the above average performances of Ireland , Hart, SWP, and odd flashes from Robinho we would already be in the bottom 3. Who would have thought that a match against the bottom club in the league would become a 6 pointer halfway through the season with the players he has at his disposal?. Ffs, if he were a manager in any other profession he would have gone by now. There seems to be no cohesion in the team and certainly no threat up front. Players who were once some of the best in the premiership in their positions such as Dunne and Richards are playing poorly and they haven't just suddenly lost their ability. It is the manager who has to gain the respect of the players, motivate them, make the most of their abilities and bear the responsibility when they put in crap performances. How long do you think our new owners are going to stick with a manager whose club who are teetering above the relegation zone ? Come to think of it how long are they going to be interested in the club full stop.? And before anyone comes on and asks who would I get to replace him, the answer is I don't know. As has been mentioned previously, the owners could have their pick of anyone. Everyone has a price. I don't think Robinho came over for the glorious weather and quaint British culture!!!!!!!!!!.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.