Official Monthly MANC magazine

LongsightM13 said:
It was at its best when a guy called Mike Barnett ran it.
Totally agree with this,a sound guy to deal with,City Mag went off the rails soon after he left..

Be interested to know what programme sales are relative to crowd (13/5 apart); I'm betting well below 70s high point despite the high quality of ours. Assume it's because you can get all the info you need on your phone now.

Cummins' section was always good in MANC, met him at the Chelsea game in March actually. Anyway, this will probably result in the start of yearly awards for Best Programme, which isn't anything new.

It's for the best. They have let it go to the dogs now for the last 18 months or so and the last issue was a total embarrassment.

Maybe I can get a few quid for the full set as I have every issue in the loft. :)

Pagie Jnr said:
THE MAGAZINE WILL STOP BEING PRINTED AFTER THIS ISSUE AND WILL IN THE FUTURE BECOME PART OF THE
OFFICIAL MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

Not great news for me apparently. Although I had nothing to do with MANC mag it seems from the rumours I've heard that I'm now being dropped from the match prog as MANC editorial/content will take over the prog.

So after over a decade of regular articles on history and very popular interviews with former players, fans and celebrities my time at the programme appears to be over. It's a shame as the programme has a great record of achievement at the national programme awards and has been pretty popular with fans (in comparison with those of other clubs) for a few years now.

Gary James said:
Pagie Jnr said:
THE MAGAZINE WILL STOP BEING PRINTED AFTER THIS ISSUE AND WILL IN THE FUTURE BECOME PART OF THE

Not great news for me apparently. Although I had nothing to do with MANC mag it seems from the rumours I've heard that I'm now being dropped from the match prog as MANC editorial/content will take over the prog.

So after over a decade of regular articles on history and very popular interviews with former players, fans and celebrities my time at the programme appears to be over. It's a shame as the programme has a great record of achievement at the national programme awards and has been pretty popular with fans (in comparison with those of other clubs) for a few years now.

What?

Ridiculous decision. Your section is the only part of the programme of any interest whatsover.

If they replace your stuff with more cheese I'll be pretty damned annoyed. From what I've seen, "MANC" editorial/content has nothing to differentiate it from the other dull and generic stuff in the programme. They're jsut trying to save a bit of face here and perhaps keep someone employed.

Gary James said:
Pagie Jnr said:

That is disappointing, as your articles were the best thing about the programme. I hope they reconsider.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.