Oguz Kagan Guctekin

FantasyIreland

Easy for me to say.......

18yr old Fenerbache Defensive Midfielder - we've had a 4.5m bid rejected,allegedly.

Could City in any way get in trouble for buying players then giving them Girona? Seems like we buy a lot of players to go on loan there or sign.

It seems unlikely, there is no distinction between buying a player with the intention of developing them at Girona (eg: Pablo Maffeo) and buying them with the sole intention of them playing for Girona etc and not coming back to city at all (eg: Pablo Mari/Anthony Caceres). At the end of the day its just a loan, in order to crack down on it the legislation would have to affect all loans.

All I can think of is a limit on the number of players loaned, but those are already in place either domestically; the FA has a max on the number of players loaned from one UK club to another being 4, or in the affiliation agreements between CFG clubs; Breda take a max of 6 players if I remember correctly.

I think there may be an attempt to crack down on the franchising of clubs at some point, but not being a lawyer I don't know if there would even be a legal basis for doing so. Plenty of owners now have more than one club, the Nice owner is looking at buying Barnsley for example.

It seems unlikely, there is no distinction between buying a player with the intention of developing them at Girona (eg: Pablo Maffeo) and buying them with the sole intention of them playing for Girona etc and not coming back to city at all (eg: Pablo Mari/Anthony Caceres). At the end of the day its just a loan, in order to crack down on it the legislation would have to affect all loans.

All I can think of is a limit on the number of players loaned, but those are already in place either domestically; the FA has a max on the number of players loaned from one UK club to another being 4, or in the affiliation agreements between CFG clubs; Breda take a max of 6 players if I remember correctly.

I think there may be an attempt to crack down on the franchising of clubs at some point, but not being a lawyer I don't know if there would even be a legal basis for doing so. Plenty of owners now have more than one club, the Nice owner is looking at buying Barnsley for example.

They cant ban franchising if they try they will fail in court

Can't say I'm a great fan of it.

We have a partnership with Girona, and we're buying players for them, at prices they could not afford themselves, as well as loaning them our own. How is that fair on the other smaller clubs in La Liga ? For me there should be some limits to it, either squad size, or number in match day squad.

I understand that it is effectively a cleverly thought out revenue stream for the club, but I just don't really like it personally.

Can't say I'm a great fan of it.

We have a partnership with Girona, and we're buying players for them, at prices they could not afford themselves, as well as loaning them our own. How is that fair on the other smaller clubs in La Liga ? For me there should be some limits to it, either squad size, or number in match day squad.

I understand that it is effectively a cleverly thought out revenue stream for the club, but I just don't really like it personally.
The club needs a 'B' team and if no one else will help us get to the point of having one in the English league system then I am 100% in agreement with what we are doing with Girona.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.