Old Manchester motorbike shops from yesteryear....

There was "Chris Jolly" at Trafalgar Square in Ashton and "Town and Country" on Stockport Rd Ashton. And Williamson Bros on Oldham Road, Ashton. (near the new baths)
I think the dealer near the City Gates in Ardwick was "Motorcycle Mart".
I'm pretty sure there was a dealer on Kingsway too (may have been a Honda Dealer).

No pics posted yet, here's mine

There was "Chris Jolly" at Trafalgar Square in Ashton and "Town and Country" on Stockport Rd Ashton. And Williamson Bros on Oldham Road, Ashton. (near the new baths)
I think the dealer near the City Gates in Ardwick was "Motorcycle Mart".
I'm pretty sure there was a dealer on Kingsway too (may have been a Honda Dealer).

Yes, Motorcycle Mart, the shop was painted yellow and they used to sell Jawa and MZ two strokes. This would be around 1970 (ish)

Remember Williamson brothers, it was on the corner....BSA dealers.

Also:-
Hall's (Honda dealers,) Newton Street, Hyde, small shop, but a very nice family firm with elderly owners....a bygone era unfortunately.

BTW anybody that wants to wallow in a bit of nostalgia should hop onto MotorcyleSurvey.com to read owners tales of bikes of old. Same can be done on Carsurvey.org for 4 wheel nostalgia freaks - both full of great reads if you are that way inclined.

Yeah, I've got a Royal Enfield at the moment, but had around thirty odd over the years.....I'll post a few pictures up later tonight of some of my old bikes....

Bluemooners reading this thread, please feel free to post some up of yours, both old and new.......will make for an interesting thread.

still waiting for this.....:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.