Older BM ers....

Do you remember Supercar? That's on the very limit of my memory, since it preceded things like Fireball XL5, which I do remember.
Indeed I do, one of my faves as a kid, but one of the earliest must-sees for us dinosaurs was 'Four Feather Falls,' check it
out on Youtube, the fiercest looking Indian brave you've ever seen.

It's Torchy the Battery boy for me. Don't know how to post a link but I remember it being before four feather falls.
You're right, it was one of the first, and avidly watched by us nippers in those days,
Do any of you remember your dad having to twat the telly every 10 minutes to stop the picture slipping up and down?
Telly's were much more primitive then, a tiny screen and the size of a packing case, only one channel,the Beeb, then ITV
came along, the very first advert being for 'Gibbs SR toothpaste,' I believe.

Someone should do an up-to-date version of the Stingray theme song and City use it as our entry song. Those drums were fantastic.

Eitihad - stand by for action! Anything can happen in the next 2 hours!

Someone should do an up-to-date version of the Stingray theme song and City use it as our entry song. Those drums were fantastic.

Eitihad - stand by for action! Anything can happen in the next 2 hours!
But generally doesn't.

Brought back loads of memories there. Sitting in front of the 9" screen watching all my favourite programmes, then having a little nap. Just like the present day, actually.

1958 vintage myself, just about reaching the end of my youth!
Supercar - the marvel of the age - professor Beaker.
Fireball XL5 - Steve Zodiac and Zoony.
Stingray - Troy Tempest - Aqua Marina - the terror fish.
Thunderbirds - Mr.Tracy, Brains, Scott, Virgil, Alan, Lady Penelope, Parker and The Hood /Kyrano.
Were they really puppets? The strings were there but the stories were so powerful you hardly noticed, and boy did they sweat at times!
Gerry and Sylvia Anderson , fantastic imagination , visionaries and innovators.
The Beano, the Dandy, the Valiant, DC comics and commando books.
The last days of steam trains.
Heroes and legends - Jim Clark, John Surtees, Graham Hill, Jochen Rindt , Colin Chapman. Joe Mercer, Colin Bell, Dave Watson and Joe Corrigan. Eddie Waring , Barry John.
So many brilliant things from my youth.
The only downside was the 'Milky bar kid ' a total embarrassment!

The terrific adventures of the terrible ten. One of my favourites along with Supercar, The Lone Ranger and Four Feather Falls. Going back further, Rag Tag and Bobtail Tales of the Riverbank, waiting for the Corona van to come round with Dandelion and Burdock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.