Oldham Athletic Takeover

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by mrn1981, 14 Sep 2017.

1. mrn1981

mrn1981

Hearing rumours that Oldham Athletic are due to be taken over by Dubai based agent Abdallah Lemsagam. Apparently a very good friend of Sheikh Mansour.

City representatives have also visited the club to check out the setup and training facilities and it's been talked about that they will become part of the group?

I think due to FA rules Sheikh Mansour can't have a direct link although doesn't stop a close friend?

A presume this is to give the kids more experience of club football rather than EDS?

Also hearing that they will invest in the stadium and training facilities?

Will be interesting if true because Oldham fans have slagged is off since the takeover due to our investment.

2. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

Sounds like a great idea. As above. Awaits the howls of anguish and even more bile from the usual places. Must be great to have money and say stuff you.

3. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Be very surprised if this happened. If the motivation was to get more game time for EDS players they would have to be registered by Oldham simply loaning a team or even half a team would not be allowed. Transferring them to another club with silly buy back clauses would soon be seen as a way to navigate around loan regulations and stamped on.

4. greasedupdeafguy

greasedupdeafguy

I think its horrible tbh. Wouldnt be happy if I was an oldham fan to see my club become a farm for a large prem team.

5. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    I'm not happy as a blue living in Chadderton I'd rather they crashed and burned.

6. greasedupdeafguy

greasedupdeafguy

Quite like oldham, used to go to a few games when I was little. Their home attendances are wank but you cant fault their away following which is among the best in the lower leagues.

Oldham becoming man city b team just makes a mockey of the lower leagues.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2017
  7. mrn1981

mrn1981

I have posted about this before and it turned out to be Mike Ashley and Sports Direct rather than City last time. This is coming from the same source at the club but doesn't mean it's true. As I say it's just a rumour.

However they have just signed a few players from France I think so something is definitely going on in the background as they had no money not so long back?

8. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Professional Moaner
    Owner can't have interests in more than 1 club in 1 country.

Sure thats how Ashley got away with controlling Rangers and newcaslte/

9. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    Mansour could buy Oldham then!!

10. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

Flippin yonners ?????? No way !!!