Oldham Athletic Takeover

manchester city was and will never be a small club 30.000 fans turning up in the league 1 means the club was just badly run by clowns today football has change in the last 10 years and clubs now need a fan base around the world to get the higher premier league tv money the demand for your club being shown is now seen as a big club the premier league is a 8 club league and the rest will fight staying up and yoyo down the league

yes the new owners and money turned manchester city into a major club but them days are long gone with FFP but like i said manchester city was never a small club oldham bury rochdale bolton can not live with 2 big manchester clubs there towns are full of city and united fans and what gates do they get each week for there home games all 4 of them clubs will be non league teams if nothing is done to help them and if manchester city can pump so money and players into oldham then why not

everybody thinks all you need is a rich owners just pump money into your club then all will be fine then sorry its not like that you need a vision and something to build and most of all a fan base and manchester city had everything other than people running the club the right way
yes the money helps and without it manchester city would be newcastle or sunderland and just never taking that next level jump because the owners are taking money out of the club and the fans are being milked as a cash cow its sad that all you need is somebody to see beyond the cow and a future investment

mark my words oldham bury bolton rochdale could be non league clubs within the next 5 years and go pop the fans have gone and now are armchair tv supporters and haters of city and united hoping to watch them lose each week
Their fans would prefer that than basically become man city b team

Fucking hell, some of the posts I've read in this thread!

Considering you've also spent many a year in the last 25 years in the lower depths of the football league, I find it incredible that some could be as arrogant to state it makes sense for Latics as a club, and the fans, to become City's feeder club and a home for your EDS players. Sounds like something you'd hear from United/Liverpool fans with their blatant ignorance to life outside the Premier League.

I'd rather see us in the conference than become a feeder team to another club.

this should happen more and more with the big clubs using clubs oldham bury like a feeder club they are never going to challenge the big clubs anymore and get back in the premier league the towns like oldham people just are not turning out to watch them and gates of 5000 or lower is never going to push them into the better leagues even the championship is now becoming a money maker with the new tv deal to show games on clubs web sites and skysports

oldham should take any offer to become a feeder club and clubs like city pump players and money into them and oldham then can become a 2 tier club and aim for the championship as there top target and if man city want to part own them then why not the youth setup at man city is 2nd to none and our best young kids are good enough for teams like oldham and the EDS could hold its own in league 1 easy

Wow! Just glad that statement wasn't made in 1998/99 season!
Since then Blackpool / Huddersfield and Bournemouth have come from the 4th to the Prem, Brighton too and possibly Burnley. Wimbledon have had 8 promotions and are 2 away from the Prem.
Imagine yourself as a fan of one of those clubs that has just become a feeder for another team

Considering you've also spent many a year in the last 25 years in the lower depths of the football league, I find it incredible that some could be as arrogant to state it makes sense for Latics as a club, and the fans, to become City's feeder club and a home for your EDS players. Sounds like something you'd hear from United/Liverpool fans with their blatant ignorance to life outside the Premier League.

Uggh every Oldham fan ive ever met hates City and watches United and buys united merch.

Like I said...

Their fans would prefer that than basically become man city b team

it would not be a man city B team and there would still be playing under the name oldham
back in the early days of oldham they would take manchester city youth players for free or cheap as chips and give them first team football and make them very good players and joe royle and willie donachie was so good at that they got oldham into the premier league with city youth teams but oldham even back then was to small to play with the big teams and players was sold and joe royle and willie donachie move on to a bigger club in everton so its not something new in football

but we are talking about a different game today and even in the next 10 years the big teams could be on there own in a european league and the premier league will be reformed just like what is happening in the championship with new money from tv and clubs showing games on there web sites its going to fast you stand still for one season and it could be over and just look at the teams in the championship like leeds sunderland villa both sheffield clubs and are a bigger club than some in the premier league thats the level we are talking about

oldham need help and just like bury we have let them use our old training ground that is premier league standard and nothing was said about that both city and oldham could work like a feeder club and the EDS and youth would get better standard of football and would be better to judge in a live game

Just let Oldham rot. I totally get the local football angle but their fans have been arrogant deluded City haters for decades. If they loved their club so much they would buy Oldham merch and not united merch. They would attend games instead of watching united on Sky.

It wouldn't sit well with everybody. The idea of swallowing up another local club seems horrible to me. All of those years of emotional and financial investment, and for what? No thanks, hope it doesn't happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.