Oleksandr Zinchenko

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by WallyA, 14 May 2017.

1. WallyA

WallyA

I couldn't find a thread on him, so I figured I'd make one.

Game changer for PSV today, and has been very underused this season which is very disappointing.

He has the 'vision' for a killer pass that you can't teach, him and Roberts coming back would do great in increasing our attacking midfield options (so I don't think we need to buy anyone).

2. skiddypants

skiddypants

I agree, let at least 8 leave and just replace them with these two youngsters.

3. BlueindianNewcity

BlueindianNewcity

He looked excellent whenever he got a chance. This loan has been really poor.

4. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Holding Down the Low End

Another loan spell might be the best option as I don't really see him breaking into the first 11 for the moment.

Last edited: 28 Jul 2017
  5. TonyM

TonyM

Maybe makes sense to sell with a buyback? I really like him but he seems a couple of years away from Sane's level.

6. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Yes, selling Zinchenko with a buyback now makes sense, he's clearly not ready for the first team. I watched Alex at PSV regularly, his game has some fundamental deficiencies that need to be fixed to get to a top level: whilst he's a magical distributor of the ball in the final 3rd, he has problems with shielding the ball, seems too lightweight in 1-on-1s, gets dispossessed too easily. Also, very poor defensively. Not really suited for possession football right now, but if Sarri's rumoured interest is genuine, it's telling. The potential is there.

Anyway, that was a good piece of business as we'd bought him for £1.5m. Not sure if that was a good advertisement for City's transfer policy though, hardly a surprise that talents like Zagadou prefer Dortmund over us.

He's AM/CM, his competitors are Silva, Bernardo, KdB, Gundogan, Foden. Not Sane.

Last edited: 29 Jul 2017
  7. mavsmcfc

mavsmcfc

I still have high hopes for him. I feel like he has that ‘magic’ that can’t be taught. But he’s still not ready as others have said here. Think he just needs 1 good loan spell to be considered for our squad. The PSV loan was a clusterfuck.

8. Tevez City

Tevez City

Loan to Celtic could give him a lift.

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Loan to Napoli being reported,with an option to purchase.

10. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I hope that would also have a buyback clause.