Oleksandr Zinchenko

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by WallyA, 14 May 2017.

1. Fabulous

Fabulous

2. Dax777

Dax777

He was more conservative than I'd have liked to see. And he couldn't last the whole game, which wasn't surprising.

But his tenacity isn't in question. Nor is his effort. Nor is he slow (contrary to popular opinion here.) His crossing technique is splendid. So is his movements.

His one touch passing fits perfectly into Pep's pass happy system. As an inverted LB he entered and linked up well. Put some talent (Otamendi and Stones) next to him and he'll kick on.

I saw nothing from yesterday to undermine my confidence in his ability to play LB. He needs to get his fitness and confidence up. But the tools are abundantly there.

Tidy fella. With a tidy style. We'll see him again. And probably at Leftback too.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2017
  3. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    Last time i saw him play was as a very confident, assured, tidy central midfield player at the European championship finals...
    Think he has a lot to offer City under Pep..and his one touch passing is,as u say ,essential to the current playing style....altho,i would say still not a patch on Mr Foden who sees a pass before much more senior players do and who plays a topclass one touch passing game,; therefore i hope Zinch doesnt lead to Foden ,s route to the first team being blocked..
    I didnt see last nights game in full so cant speak for him as a left back.

4. christen at St Marks

christen at St Marks

Not even an EPL standard sooner have Kolo and it was time he moved on

5. oldius

oldius

Absolutely. I thought he looked a very tidy player though probably more suited to a central role. Really good technique and passing.

6. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

Shit! I’m glad my career wasn’t decided by people looking on during my first day in the job!

Not sure I can find the player who covered himself with glory against Wolves, with the sole exception of Bravo! Zinchenko didn’t look out of place in the team, but he obviously isn’t Mendy. He was given a job and did it pretty well for most of the game. Clearly, he wasn’t ready for a high pressing game against a tenacious team or getting up and down the line for 120 minutes, but while he didn’t make the headlines, I’m sure Pep took notice of what he did well and not so well, and will help him tremendously in identifying areas for improvement.

The lad obviously has touch and can play football. In any Pep team, that is the basics. From here, it is up to him. Can he make the needed improvements, including get his match fitness to a level where he can step up and not strol through an EDS Type game? If so, there is a good career ahead of him!

7. mavsmcfc

mavsmcfc

Zinchenko is raw but has all the tools Pep wants I reckon. It just depends on how Pep wants to shape him to, whether to become LB, CM, Winger or whatever else Pep has in mind. I still have high hopes for him.

Delph was shit too the first game he played LB, and so did Fernandinho. And they are both seasoned veterans. This was Zinchenko’s first ever game for us. I’m surprised he didn’t mess it up even more. People was quick to slate Sane last year too.

I’m guessing you all wrote him off so quickly is because his fee cost almost nothing, so it’s easy to ‘throw him away’. Had he cost £40m I bet you will all be patient with him. Patience my friends....

8. Suede Jacket

Suede Jacket

No future at this club, maybe ten years ago he could have some kind of future but we are at a different level now. Get rid as soon as possible I say.

9. Gabriel

Gabriel

I agree with most of that, but a sneak peek in the Mangala thread will show that cost is not necessarily linked to greater patience. ;-)

10. Blue Elvis

Blue Elvis

Actor
    Great post, my feelings too. City debut playing with a shit ball , out of position, with team mates who were virtually all off their game. I thought he had a good first half in particular and like you I still have high hopes for him.Fernandinho really rates him and I noticed Pep was applauding several things he did so I think we should give him time.
    CTID