Oliver Holt article on Guardiola's first season

It's nice to see some positive press. I get sick of tired of this inaccurate nonsense on Sky, BT and BBC that Pep is Keegan mark 2. We may have been a little inconsistent but tactically Pep is moving us to a different level.
As the article suggested I thought for 40 minutes against Utd was one of the very best performances I'd seen by a City team.

Its a bit of a season of what might have beens but we lost our two major transfers of the summer for most of the season with the compensation being the rebirth if those two old duffers Toure and Silva
Silva was always going to be incredible under Pep. He's about as Pep a player as it's possible to be.

Decent article, but it's the Daily Mail. They've always been fairer to us than any other paper.

Nice to see Holt has finally lost the chip on his shoulder after we had the temerity to sack his mate Mark Hughes. His bitterness and subsequent hatchet job reporting stunk. He's got a long long way to go with me before he regains any respect from me.

It's a fair article and is what I have been saying

Although I was asking for more pragmatism, I'm glad we've gone for it. Nothing worse than playing for a draw and losing anyway - let's be honest, if had tried to shut up shop in games, we'd have probably ended up with less points as the defenders we have(less Stones) are fucking rubbish at worst and inconsistent at best

Overrall Pep may have been a disappointment but that is because the expectancy was really over the top , he has inherited an ageing team and with some players that have lost the hunger , he is a very clever coach who has had 12 months to analyse the squad and adjust to the Premier league . Depite a relatively average season with our resources i am 100% certain he will get it right , he will bring in the right players and will develop his tactics for the english game really lookign forward to his 2nd season in charge i think it could be sensational , we already are the most entertaining team in the league we just need to add some defensive steel and the trophies will follow

This is the most positive article I have read on Peps first season. It in line with my own thoughts. John Stones will be the most successful City captain in history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.