Oliver Ntcham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the players not separated according to physical attributes instead of age like they are at Southampton?

No, or at least not a couple of years ago when he was playing first team football for Paris.

He looked a bit of a beast in some youth games for us but also looked very poor in others.

Barcelona's golden generation was built on a player coming through and coming into the first team roughly every 2 years, so expecting one every year at this level is a tad ridiculous.

Xavi 97/98
Puyol 99/00
Valdes 02/03
Iniesta 04/05
Messi 06/07
Busquets 08/09
etc.

At best we would hope for 1 or 2 academy players to get their chance, i.e. 5-10 games in all comps, each season, and if we're lucky about 1in5 of those will manage to have a decent career in the first team.
Great post mate. Never seen these numbers before. That should help us put our expectations right regarding the CFA. 1 player every second year.

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 4m4 minutes ago
Official: Celtic have announced the signing of Olivier Ntcham (21) from Manchester City in a deal worth around £4.5m.

DEhtJhGW0AIHy-E.jpg

2 replies5 retweets15 likes

You and me could do well in that tinpot league.

You should both give The Rangers a call. They have resorted to signing Mexican extras from Blazing Saddles, so you two would be guaranteed a starting place.

Who knows, when you walk this league both of you could be playing for Southampton next year.

It's usually the way.

You should both give The Rangers a call. They have resorted to signing Mexican extras from Blazing Saddles, so you two would be guaranteed a starting place.

Who knows, when you walk this league both of you could be playing for Southampton next year.

It's usually the way.
You'd get beat off Southampton. You only do well against English sides in the Champions League because you raise your game massively, something you'd be unable to do if playing the same sides every week. Thank God it will never happen.

Saw a Celtic fan say there were 2x £1.5m add-ons for them making the Champions League (so a guarantee effectively).

Think it's CL group stages, so likely but not as much a guarantee as them qualifying for the competition domestically.

You'd get beat off Southampton. You only do well against English sides in the Champions League because you raise your game massively, something you'd be unable to do if playing the same sides every week. Thank God it will never happen.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm so glad I read your comment.

Boy do I feel stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.