Olivier Ntcham

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is equally a huge surprise and not one at all. He's definitely, definitely very capable of brilliant things. At times he was unplayable for the EDS but he was so inconsistent. Barton to Yaya just like that.... BUT his attitude and style has always been very good and I really am not surprised he's relishing added responsibility.

You could even tell briefly in that post season first team friendly. Yes it was a dead rubber but he looked very bullish and didn't have the nerves you tend to associate with kids making their debut. There was no 'keep it boringly simple' stuff and he was driving straight at them. I've seen brief bits of two of his games for Genoa and he was exactly the same. There's a very healthy arrogance and confidence to his game that will lend itself to bigger challenges. This could be the making of him. A two year loan is perfect. One year and they don't see him as a proper part of their team potentially, whereas two years is a long term commitment and a real incentive for the club to use him.

It's a tough league and they're a good club. It speaks volumes for the level of the player we are producing at the club.

Great coverage. The Guardian have a knack of profiling quality young players who are on a steady rise as opposed to the latest young player to have one or two good games.

Wonder if this thread will be bumped into the main page if he's consistently starting for Genoa? Sounding promising!

This is equally a huge surprise and not one at all. He's definitely, definitely very capable of brilliant things. At times he was unplayable for the EDS but he was so inconsistent. Barton to Yaya just like that.... BUT his attitude and style has always been very good and I really am not surprised he's relishing added responsibility.

You could even tell briefly in that post season first team friendly. Yes it was a dead rubber but he looked very bullish and didn't have the nerves you tend to associate with kids making their debut. There was no 'keep it boringly simple' stuff and he was driving straight at them. I've seen brief bits of two of his games for Genoa and he was exactly the same. There's a very healthy arrogance and confidence to his game that will lend itself to bigger challenges. This could be the making of him. A two year loan is perfect. One year and they don't see him as a proper part of their team potentially, whereas two years is a long term commitment and a real incentive for the club to use him.

It's a tough league and they're a good club. It speaks volumes for the level of the player we are producing at the club.

The fact you mention, that many of us didn't quite know what to make of Ntcham, (obvious talent, obvious weak areas) I think proves the point many of us have made, many times, that this is not an exact science. Of course there are some players at City who are obviously below the others, & we would be shocked if they made it, but we wouldn't be shocked if George Evans for instance did. A little surprised perhaps as he hasn't been one of the shining lights, but not shocked.

The proof of this is only seen, when the players get into a first team situation & play games, sometimes then it can take a season or two before they establish. I doubt we would be shocked to find Devante Cole or Pozo rocking up at Everton & starring, or Lopes transferred to Arsenal for 40 mil in a few years. Surprised again, but not shocked.

Pretty much ALL of these kids have talent, lots of it. It may be that someone like Evans goes up a level & Barker or Ambrose can't produce. Jack Byrne could go up a level & Angelino come down one. We just can't tell & neither can Pellegrini at this stage.

We need to see more of these kids getting minutes on the pitch at the top level. If we give them a chance, some will make it. And the scare stories about how it will 'cost' us, are so much bollocks. Even if it was 0-0 did Roberts really look such a liability when he came on v Sunderland that it was a danger ? Barker or Ambrose wouldn't be a risk either.

Have we already got our replacement for Yaya with this kid. You couldn't get a more glowing report. Juve can keep Pogba...

He has three things going for him: Big, strong, and can play. Now, all he needs is to be nurtured to see if he can be special (as in a regular Prem player for City) or whether he will become a tradesman. In two years, we will definitely know more, as he will either come back and slot in alongside the likes of Evans, or he will have been found out as bang average for a lad his size. I think it will be the former, and have said as much when watching the EDS. He was certainly more of a First Team prospect than Pozo.

Big profile on Four Four Two website (don't know if it is in the print edition): http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...wer-toure-whos-thriving-serie#:ZYU9lQxaYmXO9A

The kid certainly seems to be making an impression... but being a City fan I can't help but think the media are also trying to big him up so that they can take the piss should he refuse to come back here at the end of the loan!

I understand what you're saying and the recent trend of how we handle our youth but if he's good enough he isn't going to want to stay at Genoa over City.

I understand what you're saying and the recent trend of how we handle our youth but if he's good enough he isn't going to want to stay at Genoa over City.
"the recent trend of how we handle our youth", I don't understand that bit at all.

"the recent trend of how we handle our youth", I don't understand that bit at all.

See: selling Lopes, loaning Denayer again after signing Otamendi, etc. What I'm saying is other than some substitute appearances by Kelechi we haven't seen a youth product come through in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.