Olivier Ntcham

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be a balance though, bringing kids through will always be one of a number of goals and winning things will always sit above it in terms of priority. What we need is EDS lads in form and matching that to where we need extra bodies in the first team. Celina at the moment is a good example of stepping in where KDB has been injured and ruled out. If KDB was fit he would have been involved against Leicester and if that meant that Celina missed out and maybe we could have achieved a different result you can’t blame Pellers for that (although I suspect you will). Nacho has prospered in view of Bony’s fitness issues and that is the way it should be, Kids ready and able to step up when the first team requires.

What has happened with Celina imo, & may now happen with others, is that he only got on the pitch at all, because the cupboard is bare of first team players. It is unlikely Celina would have figured at all if DeBruyne was fit, as you say, but in a difficult situation like v Leicester, that would be perfectly understandable. But imo, most games in the past year or so have not been as difficult as that one & yet very few kids have been used at all. The idea that suddenly, we have kids fom nowhere who can perhaps play, but have had none previously, is of course nonsense.

The fact that Celina waa able to come on in that game & be perfectly ok, even create a goal for a team which had struggled to create anything, just shows how wrong Pellegrini has been, as well as those who think like him, that bringing on a young player means we harm our chances of winning trophies. We could have been doing this for a long time, & the point I'm making re Ntcham etc, is that it doesn't depend on the player being a guaranteed future world beater for him to do a job or even be fantastic in the first team (if I had to make a prediction, I'd guess Celina won't make it at City) all it needs, is a kid, in form, & to do it on the day.

We have had a very very large group to choose from & have chosen to use hardly any. I hope that now we are starting to see one or two, it starts to become the absolute normal thing to see, rather than a special event. Then injuries will not be such a terrifying, crippling prospect in the future.

Pains me say it but that's what purple nose did at the swamp. And you're right, he kept the ones of use to him and got decent money for the ones who weren't good enough. We're now in a position where if a kid plays a few games , but we don't think he's good enough for us,he's worth descent money in the transfer market. It's a win win, the kids get match experience, we get to judge them in the first team and they're either good enough for us or get a descent move and we get a bit of cash.

And it has been proven by successful teams/managers, that using kids to supplement the squad doesn't lead to failure, even if the kids don't make it.

he is suffering strongly with genoa , approximately 3 months he didn't play !!!!!
in my opinion we should cut his 2 year loan and in the next season we loan him to bastia + fofana go for a higher team in france as OM , OL , LOSC

he is suffering strongly with genoa , approximately 3 months he didn't play !!!!!
in my opinion we should cut his 2 year loan and in the next season we loan him to bastia + fofana go for a higher team in france as OM , OL , LOSC

Why isn't he playing?

Injuries, better players, doesn't fit tactics or coach doesn't like him?

Best of luck to him this coming season.

I've seen a bit on social media that suggests he's very much in the first team picture.If nothing else,he should earn us a few quid at the end of his loan.

Anyone else read that as some rare disease or ailment?

Olivier Ntcham (20), on loan at Genoa from City, faces a €5k~€30k fine and criminal trial for driving without a licence for over a year.
Ntcham, who Genoa have an option to buy, has been fined 4 times for having no licence, and under Italian law this risks a criminal trial.

He doesn't seem too bright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.