Olympics... setting expectations.

Tripping on past glories seems to be the theme.

Summed it up for me and when they open in 4 years time people will be saying "who was that bird that sung in Beijing?"

Embarrasing if you ask me did you see that fuckwit johnson didn't have a clue what was going on and looked a right scruffy twat, we have a lot of work to do the Chinese were brilliant.

It was a bit naff. Yes, London has red buses (well not the Routemaster ones anymore), we get it. Surely London has more to offer than a reasonably priced, efficient transport system?

Well I don't plan a holiday thinking "I really want to go to London to travel on a train that comes every two minutes".

The Eye, Wembley, Lords, Wimbeldon, The Tower, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, The Erotic Gherkin... I know some of those were referenced on the bus.

But I'm not a choreographer being paid a million quid to come up with an opening ceremony.

Although to be fair, we had the same problem with our "eight minutes". Remember the giant kangaroos on bicycles?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFIZWOwJqIE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFIZWOwJqIE</a>

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
It was a bit naff. Yes, London has red buses (well not the Routemaster ones anymore), we get it. Surely London has more to offer than a reasonably priced, efficient transport system?

Oz transport must be really overpriced/shit if you thought the cockenees was decent.

As a foreigner TBH London is a fantastic City to visit (the wife loved it) its got everything. My problem is we as a nation have a lot to offer johnny foreigner more than a fucking red double decker bus, the combat indicator was the opening ceremony which was a fantastic spectacle to say the least, so what do we do put the shittiest show on earth on (Its was only 8 minutes ffs) sheer embarrasment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.