Omar Berrada - COO

A stupid American title that means nothing here, and likely to have the remit of maximising revenue off the fans rather than 'delighting' them.

Since when did football clubs have all these 'officers'? It is sad that English titles are being replaced with ones that have no legal significance here.

About 1925

A stupid American title that means nothing here, and likely to have the remit of maximising revenue off the fans rather than 'delighting' them.

Since when did football clubs have all these 'officers'? It is sad that English titles are being replaced with ones that have no legal significance here.

CEO,COO,CFO,CIO have been used in GB companies for many many years.
They are not new positions or titles & in most properly structured companies carry authority,responsibility & accountability.

Huddersfield.....in peace.

You mentioned FOUR elements that you were dissatisfied with & added etc which presumes you have others. What are you saying you didn't say,just so we are all clear.

It's likely that most of these matters (complaints) will continue to go through Danny Wilson who I find very approachable & responsive but he works without a magic wand.

Keep chillin in white rose hinterland.
Your assumption that I am located on the saddleworth moors is as accurate as your interpretation of my posts :-)
From other posts on this thread you seem to have an idea what accountability a COO has in an organisation. Put simply, I am pleased that City have appointed someone to that role to oversee the clubs operations (security, premises, IT, ticketing, managing outsource suppliers, procurement). That is quite different to the role that I understand Danny Wilson holds. In my, (and others on this forum) opinion, the clubs operations fall short of the excellence we see on the football and financial management side of the club. Hopefully this appointment will help improve those operational areas. My post was a positive endorsement of the decision the club have made, not a complaint or moan. Hope that clarifies my thoughts.

Something I missed, Omar Berrada seems to have been promoted from Commercial Director to COO (chief operating officer) in September 2016. If this is a traditional COO role, it means that all business support functions, IT, Property, match ticketing, Security, Catering would be the responsibility of Mr Berrada. It's good imho that City have appointed someone to this position, it remains to be seen wether he will make a difference. At least we know now who to complain to about the crap website, queues for beer, ticketing screw ups, inappropriate security checks......

Don't you go for the football?

Of course. Would also be nice if we had a decent website we could use and represents the club in a fitting way. Sorry if I'm the only one that thinks that.

Agree the website is not as good as it was before they changed providers but we still get loads of free information & footage that rags have to pay for on their TV station. Compared to other clubs' websites, ours is still great. My comment really referred to the constant angst on here about beer queues (!) stewards doing their job & other irrelevances (IMHO of course). I just think sometimes some folk forget the real reason we go i.e. to watch fantastic football by fantastic players coached by a superb manager. Man, we've come a long way from the dark days we had to suffer!!!

I just had to look up this guy as he suddenly appears to be making statements to the press. It appears he has been with us for some time, I wonder why he is suddenly coming to the fore?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.