On our way to a new period of dominance?

Us and Chelsea will do better than the rest over the next 5 years but no one will dominate. the league is too competitive and as soon as you are doing so well that you are involved in competitions on all fronts mistakes/tiredness/injuries kick in. In the next 5 years I predict 2 league titles. 1 champions league. 1 fa cup. 1 league cup and a partridge in a pear tree

really ? nothing to do with how good other teams are - chelsea this year, or we weren't good enough. you can't blame the media, refs, authorities for us not wining things.

That's why I said "even made it easy for them (last season)".

We're better than Chelsea but a combination of ballsing up winnable home games and then getting screwed in a couple of big games has stopped us.

It's going to be strange if the season ever comes when we get all the decisions, and that's just the fair ones, let alone the cheating the rest get away with.

really ? nothing to do with how good other teams are - chelsea this year, or we weren't good enough. you can't blame the media, refs, authorities for us not wining things.
Did Pep surrender because Chelsea beat Swansea and City didn't play today, I must have missed that.

Today changed nothing, we could still catch them this morning, we can still catch them tonight. They still have games where they can drop points, and they don't have to lose, draws drop points too, and so long as we beat them there, we are still in with a chance.

City will not be allowed to dominate whilst their is an undercurrent from the people who run the game

Its a bit cringeworthy to say we have doninated the past 4/5 seasons because one of the most disapointing aspects of that period is we were in the driving seat to achieve this but sadly never kicked on after 2012.

Personally I do not buy the notion that the Premier league is so strong as this year (so far), like last year and the year before the Champions won the lge with just a handful of defeats. Very different to other periods in the Premierships history.

If Pep gets the players to buy into the system and achieve a consistent levelof performance there is no reason we cannot dominate. If we do great, if not I will be happy watching this style of football over the next three years.

Yes, it's a bit embarrassing to claim we have dominated English football - we've been a long way off that.

Far too much money in the league for any particular club to dominate. It will change year on year.

What will happen, and it's really already here, is there will be a top 6 all capable of winning the thing.

The champions league will always carry huge weight, but such is the climate in the PL just finishing in the top 6 and securing European football will be a half decent season for anyone involved it. Essentially the Europa league is going to carry a lot more weight.

For us, in such a tough environment, we need to ensure we stay within the top 3 every season. A domestic trophy each year, and the later stages of the CL is a decent barometer for us.

With the academy and the younger players in the first team, I'd say we are better set than most.

I think the summer transfer window is crucial.

In theory we're just a few defensive signings away from something special, but it all depends on the performances of those who come in because we've had a shocking record with some of our defensive buys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.