On this day...

Ric

Administrator
Nine years ago today that we won the derby at Old Trafford, on the 50th anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster:

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=4753

Incredibly, that was our first ever victory at Old Trafford in my lifetime. Shocking record.

I remember all the hype in the build up about how our fans wouldn't respect the minute's silence, so it was a big relief when it was impeccably observed. To then go on and win the game, and piss on their chips in the process, made it even sweeter.

The noise during the silence was from the fireworks outside by the rags, media must have been praying it was us.

The packet of sweets guy almost shit himself.

A great day we were set up to be an embarrassment on and off the pitch.......unlucky.

What a great excuse to dig these out

2-0.jpg
Weepyoucnuts.jpg

Getin.jpg
celebrategoodtimes.jpg

TeamCelebrate.jpg
whatswiththemiserablebastard.jpg

spoilttheparty.jpg
picsrvmcfcco9.jpg

Sixeasypoints.jpg
picsrvmcfcco10.jpg

And it was our own club behind most of that believe it or not.

I sat at home, I won't pay for a ticket for that place ever even though I have enough points, waiting for the minutes silence and watching carefully and our fans were absolutely brilliant. I wanted to shout at the people from our own club who had been concerned that our fans would not behave.

In fact the only thing wrong with the whole thing was that horrible bacon face chewing gum as he walked alongside Sven with the wreath, how disrespectful was that?

I remember it well. I got an invite from a red to a box from which I received a free £5 bet. 2-1 quids in. Happy Day!!

Last edited:
Great day!!! And man that team we had back then and to compare it with the team we have now is a good testament of the investment the Sheik has done!! Loved it when Sven was in charge... that was a really hopeful season of things to come and yet we didnt know of the overtake :-))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.