On this day...

i genuinely thought i'd never see city win at the swamp in all my life back then....

fantastic day, superb perfomance when you consider the team we had...

the 1-6 has taken a bit of the gloss away over the years i think but this will always be just as special to me :-)

Same
i genuinely thought i'd never see city win at the swamp in all my life back then....

the 1-6 has taken a bit of the gloss away over the years i think but this will always be just as special to me :-)

Same as. Went to derbies at the swamp from the late seventies and never thought we'd ever win there.

Me too. That win on that day felt right to me. After all the hype before it, the full on AIG adverts everyfucking where it felt like justice. The crying rags after blaming the shirts, emotion, etc after made it sweeter.

Just need to win at Klanfield more than once in my lifetime now.

Me too. That win on that day felt right to me. After all the hype before it, the full on AIG adverts everyfucking where it felt like justice. The crying rags after blaming the shirts, emotion, etc after made it sweeter.

Just need to win at Klanfield more than once in my lifetime now.

i've missed 2 games at anfield since i started fllowing city away in the mid 90's.. one was NYE this season, i'll let you guess the other!!! i will never EVER see city win there

Last derby I went to at Old Toilet in the league this, and remember despite the occasion we still got the usual pleasant welcome outside the away end. To show how far we have come my mate had £100 on us in the ground with bet Fred at 8/1...they laughed when taking the bet, but weren't laughing Monday when he collected

Last edited:
I remember the build up and the media going into overdrive about how we would be disrespectful and disgrace football. We pissed on everyones chips that day, but it didn't stop Daniel Taylor sticking the boot in a few months later. The **** couldn't wait to write this.

As it turned out, City's supporters did themselves proud. There is still an element of mystery about who let off fireworks outside the ground but, inside, the 3,000 people in the away end all respected the silence. "We are impeccable," they later sang, and who could disagree?

And, yet, wind forward nine months and suddenly it is all exposed as a one-off. A con. The game had not kicked off when the first City supporters in close vicinity to the away end could be seen doing pretend aeroplane gestures. OK, there were only half a dozen of them. But there were significantly more, 16 minutes into the game, who were calling Nemanja Vidic a "dirty Munich bastard" (after Micah Richards had actually sunk his studs into his opponent's chest). And, again, five minutes later when we got a rendition of "same old Munichs, always cheating." You get the idea.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2008/nov/30/premierleague-manchesterunited

Is that the match where someone let fireworks off outside the ground during the minutes silence? Think it turned out to be scousers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.