On this day...

Only got it on the second go, didn't he?
Yeah Van der Sar made two saves from Vassell and Elano (might have been Ireland) and then Vassell got it in on his second, our third go, nice scruffy goal :)

Was pleasantly surprised for the lad, must have been the first time he'd got 2 shots on target in a row since he signed.

I was crapping it that we even coughed to disturb the silence. We were impeccable, hardly noticed but fck em

Not according to Daniel Taylor. Our behaviour that day was "a con, a one off".

I read a post on twitter off some clown Rag who said there was quite a lot of noise coming from the city end during the minutes silence and we let off the fireworks

Utter knob!!

Give it another 10 years and they'll be claiming we chanted m****h songs all day

I read a post on twitter off some clown Rag who said there was quite a lot of noise coming from the city end during the minutes silence and we let off the fireworks

Utter knob!!

Give it another 10 years and they'll be claiming we chanted m****h songs all day

There was fireworks but from outside the stadium, no idea who was responsible.

I sat at home, I won't pay for a ticket for that place ever even though I have enough points, waiting for the minutes silence and watching carefully and our fans were absolutely brilliant. I wanted to shout at the people from our own club who had been concerned that our fans would not behave.

In fact the only thing wrong with the whole thing was that horrible bacon face chewing gum as he walked alongside Sven with the wreath, how disrespectful was that?
There was one other thing wrong on that day, for me at least. As you no doubt remember, both teams had agreed to remove advertising from their shirts for the game. As the teams came out they were each accompanied by 11 children in football shirts. I was somewhat taken aback to see; city players, no advertising on shirts. Utd players, no advertising on shirts. City kids, no advertising on shirts. Utd kids, full on AIG all over the front of their shirts. In the grand scheme of things it’s probably no big deal, but it’s one of those things that’s stuck with me from that day and I thought it was a bit of a shocker. And, with nothing to do with the rivalry, I’d be absolutely amazed if it was an ‘oversight’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.