Open Your Mind Time..."The Qu'ran"

Bigga said:
Gaudino said:
This programme was only ever going to show the Qu'ran in a good light.

Erm... Did you ACTUALLY watch it or was that a 'stab in the dark' opinion...?

No, didn't watch it for exactly that reason stated in my original post. Too many programme makers get too 'pc' and fearfull of upsetting the muslims nowadays to put forward true thoughts, views or opinions on this, and well, any other religions other than Christianity. Which is still seen as fair game and an easy target in the media to take pot shots at.
If this one was different would be happy to catch it on 4OD if it's worth the watch?

GStar said:
BimboBob said:
Do they give a fuck?Nope.They just carry on.The whole basis of their religion has been proved wrong and they still carry on.

Nutjobs.

I think you could apply that to many, if not all religion. But the "Blind Faith" arguement can't be rebuffed as its impossible to prove/disprove.

You'd think common sense would prevail in these situations, ask those 20 odd sets of parents in South London if they believe a higher power is watching over them right now.

'the lord moves in mysterious ways' seems to cover most things.

Gaudino said:
Bigga said:
Gaudino said:
This programme was only ever going to show the Qu'ran in a good light.

Erm... Did you ACTUALLY watch it or was that a 'stab in the dark' opinion...?

No, didn't watch it for exactly that reason stated in my original post. Too many programme makers get too 'pc' and fearfull of upsetting the muslims nowadays to put forward true thoughts, views or opinions on this, and well, any other religions other than Christianity. Which is still seen as fair game and an easy target in the media to take pot shots at.
If this one was different would be happy to catch it on 4OD if it's worth the watch?

Well, I'll leave that to your judgement. I mean, after all, your original assessment was very well thought out...

Yes, it was, based on previous programmes I have seen in the past. Glad you see it my way. But you didn't answer my question as to if this one is unbiased and 'right-on' pc, and worth watching then?

Gaudino said:
Yes, it was, based on previous programmes I have seen in the past. Glad you see it my way. But you didn't answer my question as to if this one is unbiased and 'right-on' pc, and worth watching then?

Gaudino, it sounds as if you're of the thought 'seen one, seem them all'. IF you would like to give yourself the opportunity to revise your original and unfounded(in this case, as I've watched the docu and you haven't) observation, then do so.

Whether I found the programme insightful, is a personal opinion. Your mind is already made up, so how can I change it based on your first point?

If you watch it, only YOU will decide whether it was worth your while. After that, maybe we'll have a discussion based on something you and I have watched.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.