Opinions Please

badge

some people are obviously prepared to back mark hughes to the hilt and many even appear to exonerate him from any blame whatsoever, prefering instead to point the finger at sven for the players he left him with. so my question is, which manager inherited the best squad of players? sven or 'sparky'?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

badge said:
some people are obviously prepared to back mark hughes to the hilt and many even appear to exonerate him from any blame whatsoever, prefering instead to point the finger at sven for the players he left him with. so my question is, which manager inherited the best squad of players? sven or 'sparky'?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

a question for you...do you mean mentally best or physically best

Ah but, ah but, do you know which of the two actually had a pretty decent pre-season working with the playing squad?

shadygiz said:
badge said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

a question for you...do you mean mentally best or physically best

i mean, which manager inherited the better squad of football players?

England have been far stronger than Wales for half a century, there was never any contest.

badge said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hughes inherited the best squad, but only because the mighty sven baught almost all of them, we should sack hughes and get sven back!

Sven Is A Legend Manager.

keemcfc said:
badge said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hughes inherited the best squad, but only because the mighty sven baught almost all of them, we should sack hughes and get sven back!

this wasnt a hughes out thread...but somehow someone always shoehorns it in.....another thread ruined, and you started out so well with the answer too

keemcfc said:
badge said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Our points total in the second half of the season was relegation form. Basically our 1-0 wins dried up.

Thaksins Love Child said:
Our points total in the second half of the season was relegation form. Basically our 1-0 wins dried up.

We went from 14th to 9th, whether the wins came in the first half of the season or the second, or scattered throughout the season is pretty much irrelevant. It was still a squad capable of finishing 9th in the premier league. A fine achievement given the circumstances we were working under.

The group of players at the club when Hughes arrived was obviously better than the group prsent when Sven arrived. Surely there can't be any argument about that. Can there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.