Opinions Please

At 2-0 up against Liverpool at home with Sven in charge we would definately not have ended up losing the game. No matter which plaers were on the pitch.

Sven had the bare minimum to work with and brought in players miles better than the ones we had.

See if Hughes had got the team when Sven did how would he have done?

My answer aweful. It's Svens name and reputation that got us the likes of Bojinov, Elano (even if he sulks), Charlie etc.

As for getting Sven back - no chance! The club treated him quite badly.

badge said:
some people are obviously prepared to back mark hughes to the hilt and many even appear to exonerate him from any blame whatsoever, prefering instead to point the finger at sven for the players he left him with. so my question is, which manager inherited the best squad of players? sven or 'sparky'?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hughes inherited technically better players, but that does not make a team

Sven's buys were poor, and there was no discipline at the club meaning that once the excitement and momentum faded after the new signings, Hughes had to pick up the pieces.

The City team that we see now is better than the one which finished last season.

mammutly said:
The group of players at the club when Hughes arrived was obviously better than the group prsent when Sven arrived. Surely there can't be any argument about that. Can there?

for the purpose of clarity, this was actually a rhetorical question. obviously, sven inherited probably the worst squad (for the top flight) i can ever remember. we didn't even score a goal at home for fuck knows how long. i just wanted to make a point to these people who somehow think it's sven's fault!

Marvin said:
The City team that we see now is better than the one which finished last season.

But the performances are as bad if not worse. If Hughes has at his disposal better players why oh why are the performances so bad. Tactics, player attitudes, luck, injuries......

Marvin said:
badge said:
some people are obviously prepared to back mark hughes to the hilt and many even appear to exonerate him from any blame whatsoever, prefering instead to point the finger at sven for the players he left him with. so my question is, which manager inherited the best squad of players? sven or 'sparky'?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sven's buys were poor, and there was no discipline at the club meaning that once the excitement and momentum faded after the new signings, Hughes had to pick up the pieces.

well if you believe the team is better, why aren't the results? surely that suggests that hughes isn't up to the job!

badge said:
Marvin said:

well if you believe the team is better, why aren't the results? surely that suggests that hughes isn't up to the job!

agreed 1000%

badge said:
mammutly said:
The group of players at the club when Hughes arrived was obviously better than the group prsent when Sven arrived. Surely there can't be any argument about that. Can there?

for the purpose of clarity, this was actually a rhetorical question. obviously, sven inherited probably the worst squad (for the top flight) i can ever remember. we didn't even score a goal at home for fuck knows how long. i just wanted to make a point to these people who somehow think it's sven's fault!

He bought an entire new team around Pearce's solid defence.

When we stopped keeping clean sheets Sven could not sort out the defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.