Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otamendi back in training with Valencia (As.com)
The defender returned to Paterna this morning for his first pre-season training session with Valencia after the Copa America.

1438008102_938714_1438008166_noticia_normal.jpg

Valencia defender, Nicolás Otamendi is back in training with the rest of his Valencia team-mates at the Paterna training center. The Argentine international arrived back in the Mediterranean city yesterday evening and was the first player to arrive at Paterna for the early morning session today. The Valencia squad depart for Germany this evening and play in the 2015 Colonia Cup, a four team tournament in Cologne next weekend featuring the host team, Stoke City and Iker Casillas' new side, FC Porto.

Nuno Espirito Santo greeted his players with a warm handshake, only Otamendi received a hug from the Portuguese coach. Nuno is anxious to hold on to his center back as Valencia prepare for their crucial two legged Champions League play-off on 18-19 and 25-26 of August. Despite there being an air of doubt surrounding the defenders future at the club, Nuno expects the player to participate in the remainder of Valencia’s pre-season activity.

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/07/27/english/1438008102_938714.html

I think a center back might be lower down the pile of our priorities. And with the Pogba and KDB situation taking longer than it should, I think we're gonna run out of time after dealing with the midfield situation. So maybe next transfer window would be for the defense.
Out of the blue, I also think we need a better 2nd goalkeeper.

I think a center back might be lower down the pile of our priorities. And with the Pogba and KDB situation taking longer than it should, I think we're gonna run out of time after dealing with the midfield situation. So maybe next transfer window would be for the defense.

I thInk you're right about the keeper. I'd be happier with Pantilimon in net than Caballero. I also think we're crying out for a proper left back. Kolarov and Clichy are nowhere near last 8 of the CL quality.

Yeah, KDK is 1000% a priority. Not really sure about Pogba, if he really in the market is, if he want to join us, or not, or whatever.

But, after, maybe (hope so), we sign KDB, I realy cross the fingers, we bring some players then to reinforce us on the DEFENSIVE side... whatever, if a link winger, a CB, or a defensive MF.

I thInk you're right about the keeper. I'd be happier with Pantilimon in net than Caballero. I also think we're crying out for a proper left back. Kolarov and Clichy are nowhere near last 8 of the CL quality.
Yeah, LB is a position up for debate. But I would wait and see whether our defensive unit improves after we have the midfield we want. Much of the pressure would be off the back 4 when our midfield looks good.

Yeah, LB is a position up for debate. But I would wait and see whether our defensive unit improves after we have the midfield we want. Much of the pressure would be off the back 4 when our midfield looks good.

Even with an improved midfield you need a new LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.