our academy in a season

I didn't really know where to put this post but I'm interested to hear other blues opinion on whether we have a slight imbalance now across our academy in terms of talent.

To me it seems that our best young talent are all attack minded players and particularly wingers or inside forwards:

Diaz, Moreno, zinchenko, Roberts, sancho etc coupled with the fact that we have sane (hopefully) and sterling in our first team, aren't we overloaded with talent in these areas?

I'd love to see more quality in defence and central midfield. Personally I think the Garcias are good but won't make it to the level our first team requires and I also have reservations about Angelino and maffeo.

Am I being unfair on the players mentioned and is there anyone else in those positions that has the quality of our attacking talent?

Maybe @twosips and @FantasyIreland can help.

I didn't really know where to put this post but I'm interested to hear other blues opinion on whether we have a slight imbalance now across our academy in terms of talent.

To me it seems that our best young talent are all attack minded players and particularly wingers or inside forwards:

Diaz, Moreno, zinchenko, Roberts, sancho etc coupled with the fact that we have sane (hopefully) and sterling in our first team, aren't we overloaded with talent in these areas?

I'd love to see more quality in defence and central midfield. Personally I think the Garcias are good but won't make it to the level our first team requires and I also have reservations about Angelino and maffeo.

Am I being unfair on the players mentioned and is there anyone else in those positions that has the quality of our attacking talent?

Attacking players always catch the eye more so it's natural that the other team members go under the radar a lot but there's plenty to catch the eye there regardless.

I'd have to start by disagreeing about the Garcia's though, I think they both have a good shot at making it, perhaps Aleix slightly more.

In defence you'd have to look at the likes of Tosin & Cam Humphreys for CB and a little bit younger Ed Francis gets a lot of plaudits. Jacob Davenport is the U18's player of the season at DM and is one for the future too. Is Colin Rosler not CM? I've not seen much of him but he's one of the new scholars. Angus Gunn in goal should be out on loan (at PNE probably) this season and is going to have a great career somewhere, why not here.

Attacking players always catch the eye more so it's natural that the other team members go under the radar a lot but there's plenty to catch the eye there regardless.

I'd have to start by disagreeing about the Garcia's though, I think they both have a good shot at making it, perhaps Aleix slightly more.

In defence you'd have to look at the likes of Tosin & Cam Humphreys for CB and a little bit younger Ed Francis gets a lot of plaudits. Jacob Davenport is the U18's player of the season at DM and is one for the future too. Is Colin Rosler not CM? I've not seen much of him but he's one of the new scholars. Angus Gunn in goal should be out on loan (at PNE probably) this season and is going to have a great career somewhere, why not here.
Think Uwe's son plays right-back

While attacking talent will always catch the eye.....i dont think we are struggling in defensive roles either.

We have some decent prospects,the following impress me.

Tosin is obviously our main hope at centre half - i think he could be special with the right coaching and application.
I also like Ash Kigbu who's a bit younger,very powerful but also very raw,however,he too has the tools to make it IMO.

Fullbacks include Smith-Brown and Duhaney - both hardworking and very pacey.
Charlie Oliver,who started as a centre half iirc,has also come on tremendously of late.
Sarmiento is a Spaniard we signed last year i also have high hopes for.

Davenport and Wood in midfield are both very tenacious and intelligent midfield generals.

Rosler is a bit of a utility type,he can function in midfield and defence - a sort of Danny Blind if you like.

@twosips is your real expert though:-)

Joel Latibeaudiere is a very highly rated young defender and certainly one to watch out for.

And, before you ask, I do not know if he is related to one of the original Three Musketeers!!!???.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.