Our attendances

Ah ha, makes sense now. Were there bus services in the past?

Yes the last one was 23:30 which I could usually get fairly comfortably. It isn't just football if you go out anywhere and want to get a bus home you have to be back for 22:30. I think the last bus leaving Altrincham station is the 263 at 23:00. Rather sneakily they have now added a third onto the taxi fares after 23:00 when it used to be after midnight.

Yes the last one was 23:30 which I could usually get fairly comfortably. It isn't just football if you go out anywhere and want to get a bus home you have to be back for 22:30. I think the last bus leaving Altrincham station is the 263 at 23:00. Rather sneakily they have now added a third onto the taxi fares after 23:00 when it used to be after midnight.

Don't think city can be blamed for the Manchester crime wave or public transport collapse. We are also all getting older. I didn't go last night as I don't get home until 1.00am, but I really missed it, hated listening to the radio, Leicester away would be a great draw.
hope you can make some night matches in the future

I didn't blame City. I do go now and then at night but I pick and choose, it is a pain getting back. Nothing would have kept me away when younger but as you say we are all getting a bit older.

we are crying out for this to happen. we need a proper home end. if we can't id make it into two tiers, similar to the holte end - a big bottom first tier, as a singing end and the second tier as more of a family end. but just have kids season tickets at 90 quid. i can't see it ever happening though.

the key is the cheap tickets and large home end.

If enough people message the club about having a giant home end it might just happen.

I’ve read that there were less than 40k st Wembley for tonighy’s London Derby. I still can’t understand the minority who come on here and say we are not very well supported compared to e.g. Spurs

I actually grew up in Benchill Wythenshawe mate and spent 42 years in the navy so I am no stranger to mean streets believe me! Altrincham has it's fair share of crime like anywhere these days and walking home alone for a couple of miles at night isn't something I particularly want to do, not only for the safety aspect but it is miserable in shit weather.

I park and ride from Brooklands and it works a treat!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.