Our combi boiler sounds like a fog horn

Cheers Andyhinch. Deleted the post as it's working now. It was a bit tongue in cheek as to the fault code. I think even people on here would have figured that one out!
A quick kick must have freed the condensate pump float switch.
Once the condensate cleared, the boiler fired back up. It is a few weeks overdue it's annual service, so i will mention this when they come...

Cheers Andyhinch. Deleted the post as it's working now. It was a bit tongue in cheek as to the fault code. I think even people on here would have figured that one out!
A quick kick must have freed the condensate pump float switch.
Once the condensate cleared, the boiler fired back up. It is a few weeks overdue it's annual service, so i will mention this when they come...
Sounds like it was just sticking on constantly resetting itself, things like that tend to confuse the shit out of themselves, Stonys sounds like an air blockage in the system causing cavitation

Ever since we moved in it's occasionally done this every few hours or so. This last week has been fucking unbearable, we've even had to turn the heating off at night because it was keeping us and the neighbours up.
We had our yearly gas check and boiler service earlier in the week and we mentioned it the blokes who didn't have a clue and wasn't that fucking interested tbh.
When it goes off, it lasts for anything from a couple of seconds to almost a minute. I'm hope the plumbing and heating gurus on bm can identify the problem, and no, I don't know what make of boiler it is.
It's going off about 3 times an hour. On the plus side, at least when it's foggy we would be safe from passing oil tankers, even if we are about 60 fucking miles inland.

Had this problem a few years ago it turn out to just be a loop pipe or something not fitted properly, plumber sorted it easily

Cheers for all the replies. I'm still waiting for Bodgit and Scarper to call me back. Useless twats.

I seem to recall our old house did this when you opened a tap very quickly - turned out a new stop-tap (outside) sorted it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.