Our Defence

We've conceded the fewest goals in the league.

If these pundits are criticising our defence, whose do they hold up as the best? A team that's conceded more, it must be. Strange logic these 'experts' use.
Not only that but a team that have conceded more than twice as many shots on target despite being more defensive and are widely held to be constantly bailed out by a world class shot stopper in goal.

Not only that but a team that have conceded more than twice as many shots on target despite being more defensive and are widely held to be constantly bailed out by a world class shot stopper in goal.

No surprises who they're lionising as best defence there then. I don't know why the media don't just admit it and say "we know it's obvious City are streets ahead of every team in the country but we hate them and their oil money and it's not fair so we'll pick Utd as the best team so our articles get more clicks in Asia."

Pundits sat around with fingers in ears, eyes shut singing utd terrace chants. Useless, ignorant fuckers every one of them.

The problem is, that City are judged by keeper, full backs and centre backs being the “defence” when City defend all over the pitch, it’s not as black and white as Otamendi lacking pace, or diving in ( 2 things he’s addressed well this season) or Delph stepping into Mendi’s shoes for most of the season.
City defend as a team, something that seems to be overlooked by many of our so called critics

The notion that our Defence is suspect and can be got at is starting to piss me off, this is a narrative that started last season and as carried on to this season. However the facts are a little bit different.

1. We have conceded the least Premier league goals this season with 20
2. We have the second most clean sheets behind the the Rags they have 15 we have 14.
3 Ederson has made the fewest saves a mere 49 all season while De Gea has made 95, the highest is Stoke with 110.
Yet we still have Jenas and Merson saying we are dodgy at the back! It's another case of don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of City bashing.
In City's case, the key to having a good defense is to have a great offense. You left out ball possession in your analasis. Man City have a 71.2% ball possession compared to its next closest opponent Arsenal at 61.7 % It's easy to keep clean sheets when your opponents gets very few scoring opportunities per game. Very few teams pressure City on the ball but when they do get pressured, they're prone to making mistakes. Just ask Liverpool.

The one positive thing I'd say about Meson is he hates them rag bastards more than us.
Do you reckon? I'm not sure. I remember him question what Jesus was thinking coming to City.
Something along the lines of;
"why wouldn't he go to Real Madrid or Barcelona?
Man City are not Man united, they're not Man united".

Fuckin' idiot

Do you reckon? I'm not sure. I remember him question what Jesus was thinking coming to City.
Something along the lines of;
"why wouldn't he go to Real Madrid or Barcelona?
Man City are not Man united, they're not Man united".

Fuckin' idiot
I'm not saying that he's not a twat, because he is. But he's said worse about that lot I bet. But either way, I couldn't give a flying turd, because we got Sane and Arsenal are a fucking laughing stock. Onwards n upwards.

In City's case, the key to having a good defense is to have a great offense. You left out ball possession in your analasis. Man City have a 71.2% ball possession compared to its next closest opponent Arsenal at 61.7 % It's easy to keep clean sheets when your opponents gets very few scoring opportunities per game. Very few teams pressure City on the ball but when they do get pressured, they're prone to making mistakes. Just ask Liverpool.
Ask them about the game at City and ask Spurs and Napoli, other teams who tried to pressurise us. Don't use a mad 10 minutes at Anfield, with mistakes from Ederson and the rest of the team as evidence for 'the way to get at city is to pressure them.' If it was that simple, they would all be doing it!

Ask them about the game at City and ask Spurs and Napoli, other teams who tried to pressurise us. Don't use a mad 10 minutes at Anfield, with mistakes from Ederson and the rest of the team as evidence for 'the way to get at city is to pressure them.' If it was that simple, they would all be doing it!

To be fair before the red Salah got in and behind a few times. This isn't a suggestion we are shit at the back or it costs us it is simply we can be got at. We beat Napoli yes whilst conceding three goals to them in two games and they missed a penalty so yeah our defence can be got at.......

The best defence in the league and when you also consider that we conceded 20% of those goals in the clusterfuck that was Liverpool away it just goes to show how consistent we have become.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.