Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

So preconceptions and opinion are worth more than factual data derived from statistics? Did you read the article? It's not about a football simulation, but rather charting incidents from real matches and then comparing different leagues to see how they compare to one another.

If you can find a better objective measure of physicality in football, then by all means post your source. Otherwise, you've got nothing.

No I can't find an OBJECTIVE measure of physicality in football & neither can you or anyone else. You use judgement from watching the fucking game. I am right in what I'm saying about Angelino at this time. I know that from watching him, as it's fucking obvious. Try doing the same & stop talking shite

No I can't find an OBJECTIVE measure of physicality in football & neither can you or anyone else. You use judgement from watching the fucking game. I am right in what I'm saying about Angelino at this time. I know that from watching him, as it's fucking obvious. Try doing the same & stop talking shite

I have watched him. He's got loads of potential. Already looks a first team player. Yes, he's small but he's still a fair bit bigger than Jordi Alba, often considered one of the best in his position in the world, and has proven it with his trophy haul in Spain, Europe, and international competitions. Alba plays a similar style as Angelino too and he's not winning any aerial duels either!

I get that you're concerned about that aspect of his play, but I just don't see it as a big concern for a left back, especially when otherwise he looks so promising.

I have watched him. He's got loads of potential. Already looks a first team player. Yes, he's small but he's still a fair bit bigger than Jordi Alba, often considered one of the best in his position in the world, and has proven it with his trophy haul in Spain, Europe, and international competitions. Alba plays a similar style as Angelino too and he's not winning any aerial duels either!

I get that you're concerned about that aspect of his play, but I just don't see it as a big concern for a left back, especially when otherwise he looks so promising.

Well if you have watched him, then you have noticed that Shay Facey who is the same size, & himself a liability against big strikers, is like Dave Watson compared to Angelino.

So ws I mentioned earlier, if I'm LVG I'm going to keep the two cbs occupied, then I'm going to tell Felaini to drift wide onto Angelino.
Describe to me how you are going to stop Felaini.

Well if you have watched him, then you have noticed that Shay Facey who is the same size, & himself a liability against big strikers, is like Dave Watson compared to Angelino.

So ws I mentioned earlier, if I'm LVG I'm going to keep the two cbs occupied, then I'm going to tell Felaini to drift wide onto Angelino.
Describe to me how you are going to stop Felaini.

Most important part of defense is team play. Naturally Angelino would need cover, probably from the LCB given such a mismatch. I don't really see that as a problem. Plenty of successful teams have played short fullbacks that can't contest in the air and yet have found loads of success, namely Barcelona (Jordi Alba), Real Madrid (Marcelo), Bayern Munich (Philip Lahm), Juan Bernat (Bayern Munich), German National Team (Philip Lahm), and Patrice Evra (Manchester United).

Look, I don't have my UEFA pro license. I'm not going to pretend to have all the answers to how our manager should construct the squad to allow for a smaller fullback while still maintaining defensive stability. But if other big clubs (and internationals) can do it, and if they can win their league competitions, the CL, even the World Cup, then why can't we?

Maybe Pelle isn't the man for that job, but next summer, when we have Pep, you better believe he's going to want a fullback that plays that way, whether it's Angelino or another similarly sized guy. You best get used to the idea.

Most important part of defense is team play. Naturally Angelino would need cover, probably from the LCB given such a mismatch. I don't really see that as a problem. Plenty of successful teams have played short fullbacks that can't contest in the air and yet have found loads of success, namely Barcelona (Jordi Alba), Real Madrid (Marcelo), Bayern Munich (Philip Lahm), Juan Bernat (Bayern Munich), German National Team (Philip Lahm), and Patrice Evra (Manchester United).

Look, I don't have my UEFA pro license. I'm not going to pretend to have all the answers to how our manager should construct the squad to allow for a smaller fullback while still maintaining defensive stability. But if other big clubs (and internationals) can do it, and if they can win their league competitions, the CL, even the World Cup, then why can't we?

Maybe Pelle isn't the man for that job, but next summer, when we have Pep, you better believe he's going to want a fullback that plays that way, whether it's Angelino or another similarly sized guy. You best get used to the idea.

Don't fucking tell me to get used to an idea I've already posted as a possibility in this thread.

All 'small' fullbacks are not the same any more than all bald midfield players are the same. You don't come across as having any idea about Angelino at all yet are arguing about it. I do know about him & the point I am making is a valid one.

Alba is physically a man though, a shirt man, but he has the frame and muscular mass of a man. Angel looks like a boy.

getting off the angel case for a mo. every club in the country has identified citys left side weakness partly caused by the selling off barry but also as one punter on here wrote our ying and yang left backs. one has to go and a decent player bought .sandro looks the best . this season, then next season the other with angel coming in continuity and understanding is vital in defense

getting off the angel case for a mo. every club in the country has identified citys left side weakness partly caused by the selling off barry but also as one punter on here wrote our ying and yang left backs. one has to go and a decent player bought .sandro looks the best . this season, then next season the other with angel coming in continuity and understanding is vital in defense

Is Sandro that good though ? I've seen both Kolarov & Clichy turn in very good performances, but both have also been dogshit at times. I wouldn't lose one second of sleep if they both went, provided the players we replaced them with were actually good. I look round the Premier League & I'm struggling to see anything which I would describe as a real star fullback, & it's the same imo in Europe. I also think the same regarding central defenders, most of them are average to poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.