Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Dismiss clichy at your peril..... AK has been a revelation, understandably due to the balance given by Sterling, however, Gael, IMO, will outshine AK this year with that same cover...

Agree. Kolarov hasn’t turned in to a world beater overnight – the shape / balance of the team has improved dramatically. If you stick Clichy in the team I’d expect similar results as there is little between the two of them.

Clichy has never been a full back for us who gets forward and gets crosses into the box though.

Clichy has never been a full back for us who gets forward and gets crosses into the box though.

His engine is twice that of AK, a security blanket of sterling could be, at the least, as effective as AK.... This notion of putting in crosses won't have any consequence, it's a tighter attacking philosophy, which takes place inside the 18 yard box, clichy also has the advantage of being both footed..... I'd expect him to score 5/6 this year, the best of his career!!!

With Clichy out for 7 weeks and Zab out for another month...maybe this position is back on the shopping list?

His engine is twice that of AK, a security blanket of sterling could be, at the least, as effective as AK.... This notion of putting in crosses won't have any consequence, it's a tighter attacking philosophy, which takes place inside the 18 yard box, clichy also has the advantage of being both footed..... I'd expect him to score 5/6 this year, the best of his career!!!

I think that two-footed thing is a load of rubbish tbh exaggerated a bit by some media reports. He may have started right-footed when he was younger but he certainly isn't now! He looked so uncomfortable passing with his right in that one game he played at RB for us. It's just a nice little story, but it doesnt seem particularly evident. I like Clichy, but im not convinced he'll ever offer us much going forward. If Kolarov keeps this up, its a no brainer.

Last edited:
I think that two-footed thing is a load of rubbish tbh exaggerated a bit by some media reports. He may have started right-footed when he was younger but he certainly isn't now! He looked so uncomfortable passing with his right in that one game he played at RB for us. It's just a nice little story, but it doesnt seem particularly evident. I like Clichy, but im not convinced he'll ever offer us much going forward. If Kolarov keeps this up, its a no brainer.

? He's definitely right footed, if anything it's his left that's weak.

With Clichy out for 7 weeks and Zab out for another month...maybe this position is back on the shopping list?

Maybe, but I doubt it mate.

Zabaleta was out for a month from last week so with this week and the international break he will only miss the Palace game and the Juventus home game if everything goes to plan and his injury is indeed a 4 week/ month recovery.

I think if we have to Zabaleta will play left back if Kolarov gets injured.

Well mangala can play left back if need be ot otamendi can play right back and sagna left back so we do still have options

Well mangala can play left back if need be ot otamendi can play right back and sagna left back so we do still have options
Agreed. We don't need to buy. Kolarovs form improved with. 6 games on the trot last season before Sterling arrived.
When Evertons LB went off against us, they played a young right sidedCB as LB and he did fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.