Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

A theory:
This summer, Yaya, Fernando, Kolarov, Caba Bony and Zaba/Clichy will all be sold. In the rumors of Laporte signing for us there is a chance that we will not be selling Mangala or loan Denayer again... In the current system Pep plays 3-3-3-1 he uses 3 central defenders/midfielders/fullbacks ahead of the keeper. It could be a situation where we see us selling fullbacks to bring in another cb and the other slot will be for another creative player. Sagna can totally play cb and Clichy or Zaba could suit the system being called for.
Not only will we be able to sign 2-3 creative player going forward which could be Shaka, Gundogan and Pogba for all we know.
then we have Caballeros and Bonys slots which will go to either Zieler, who is a Hannover now and is imo one of the most underrated keepers in world football, homegrown and actually pretty young. And for Bony we could bring in a winger such as Sane or D.Costa at Bayern.
There looks to be a drought in fullbacks and i can see us signing one but the other slots could be made into a bigger plan that Pep actually follows atm.
Thoughts?

De Telegraaf speculate that Riechedly Bazoer (Ajax) and Jetro Willems (PSV) may have been discussed at Pep and Txiki's meeting in Amsterdam.

Finally a proper leftback link!

I really Think we Should go for Wendell before Real Madrid does. He's an amazing prospect and it only seems like he improves with every game for Leverkusen!

De Telegraaf speculate that Riechedly Bazoer (Ajax) and Jetro Willems (PSV) may have been discussed at Pep and Txiki's meeting in Amsterdam.

Finally a proper leftback link!
Jetro has some Yaya in him. Don't think he'd be loved by our fans if he does some of his lazy stand around antics.

Fantastic on the ball though, and glides around the left flank beautifully.

Could a 352 work? Pep's known for loving his midfielders and we have Kompany (Best CB in the league) and Otamendi, Mangala (who may become good under Pep) and Denayer (A great prospect). This is on top of rumours over Laporte and Stones. Our fullbacks are all 30+.

Hart
Denayer Kompany Otamendi
KDB Gundogan Silva Fernandinho Sterling
Aguero Iheanacho

This is without any majorly expensive signings, so we could potentially end up with this.

Hart
Laporte Kompany Otamendi
Gundogan Pogba
KDB Silva Sterling
Aguero Lewandowski

With Yaya (if he stays), Fernando, Navas, Mangala and whatever other signings Pep wants to make. I know we'd need a lot of stamina in the wide positions but hopefully the strength of the midfield and defence would make up for it.

Lol, Apologies I'll have to wait for an 'Our Glaring Weakness At Right Back' thread.

Our RBs have never been a glaring weakness, nor has our right channel unlike our left.

Good call to replace one of our RBs though. I like attitude and most the stuff he said was on the money anyway. I am not homophobic in the slightest but people are free to think what they want and his mate is a **** for leaking the video.

I love the outrage on Aurier, yet most would have Karim Benzema when the guy is an absolute shithouse. Sleeps with barely legal to have sex but illegal whores and helped blackmail a colleague of his. Yet most would have him in an heartbeat.

Aurier will come good, he will learn from what he did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.