Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Have said many times on here that there's a lack of quality full backs in the game now and we'd struggle to improve on our two left backs.

Given the age our all four of our main fullbacks they'll still replacing soon.

I reckon that's we'll be addressing in the next summer window.

Have said many times on here that there's a lack of quality full backs in the game now and we'd struggle to improve on our two left backs.
I tend to agree with you, which is why I believe pep will try to mold angelino and maffeo to his liking. The way we are playing they both could play as our fullbacks. Angelino especially

Not everything was going to be solved inside the first few months under Pep, the fullbacks will clearly have to be upgraded but these are positions Pep likes to move players around for despite how vital they are to his approach to the game

After that, Txiki will hit the market

Need some height in these positions, if possible, because teams have quickly learned the ONLY chance of getting at us is to pump balls into the box and hope the centre forward has pulled to the back post and has the full back marking him!

When we have the ball, which seems to be 60-70% of the time, our fullbacks are almost playing in a CM/DM position. I agree it would be nice if they had some height to them. This is definitely a position we will address next summer.

Also seeing were Fernandinho was playing yesterday, I wouldnt be surprised to see him on as a FB when we want Silva and Gundogan on at the same time. He is playing very deep and almost in a CB/FB role as it is. This would help us get out best 11 on the field IMO

Need some height in these positions, if possible, because teams have quickly learned the ONLY chance of getting at us is to pump balls into the box and hope the centre forward has pulled to the back post and has the full back marking him!

Spot on Chicago. Two tall and rapid fullbacks are next on the list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.