Our kick off tactics?

benno74

Can anyone shed any light or put any logic to the way we take a centre circle kick off lately?
Considering the lengths we go to at the back to keep possession at all costs it seems a really strange tactic to me to launch the ball over to the left wing. very similar to what we did when we had niall quinn!

Can anyone shed any light or put any logic to the way we take a centre circle kick off lately?
Considering the lengths we go to at the back to keep possession at all costs it seems a really strange tactic to me to launch the ball over to the left wing. very similar to what we did when we had niall quinn!
It's one of the few times the opponents don't have every outfield player within 25 yards of their own goal so we try to use the space.

Maybe so but i reckon it worked better back when we had quinn!
I'm not sure when we started doing it, but i don't think it's created us any chances so far (I maybe wrong though)

Agree. It’s out of character.
Maybe we just want to give the other team their one chance on the ball.

It's a pretty normal kick off routine for many teams. Opposite team in poor offensive shape if they win ball -> our high press can win the ball back immediately or we just win the first duel and we create a good chance. Easy way to get into the game and get possession high up the pitch.

I think it would work well if we tried Mangala at left back and pushed him forward to win the headers.

I’ve noticed it, yes, and found it odd. It is certainly a planned tactic. My guess is that it is a territory thing, it gets us playing/pressing right in the opposition’s dangerous areas from the off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.