Our kick off tactics?

It's a pretty normal kick off routine for many teams. Opposite team in poor offensive shape if they win ball -> our high press can win the ball back immediately or we just win the first duel and we create a good chance. Easy way to get into the game and get possession high up the pitch.

I agree to let the opposition know we will be all over them, and are up for hunting them down from the front.

Did it against Newcastle and away at Bristol. It immediately forces the opposition deep into their own half, allows us to squeeze up, forces them almost instantly to surrender possession in their own half (hoof or dispossessed), which shakes their confidence and sets the tone for the game. Moreover, it nullifies any possible crowd effect; the supposed cauldron in Bristol was silenced for the first minutes of the game and thereafter had little effect.

We should kick towards the south stand second half. Pep said this was a good idea towards the end of last season but we’ve stopped doing it this season.
It’s improved the atmosphere for the games it’s happened this season — Burnley in the cup, Liverpool as well.
That family stand is embarresingly empty at 70 mins plus most games.

Yeah, remember pep saying something about how we should be kicking towards the singing sections in the 2nd half,and then we started to do it.
And now we've reverted back again for some reason. I just assumed we was unlucky with the coin toss, in the same way we get "unlucky " with getting away draws in the cup!

We should kick towards the south stand second half. Pep said this was a good idea towards the end of last season but we’ve stopped doing it this season.
It’s improved the atmosphere for the games it’s happened this season — Burnley in the cup, Liverpool as well.
That family stand is embarresingly empty at 70 mins plus most games.
Unless the grounds moved round I'm sure we kicked towards South Stand first half against Liverpool,I think beating them 5 nil tends to improve the atmosphere as opposed to which end we play towards.

Unless the grounds moved round I'm sure we kicked towards South Stand first half against Liverpool,I think beating them 5 nil tends to improve the atmosphere as opposed to which end we play towards.
In correct, we kicked south stand second half.

I think it's psychological. Pep wants our opponents to feel the full force of our high press right from the off and think "it's going to be a long day".

We swarm them to win the 2nd ball and suddenly they're in panic mode within seconds. We could pass it to Otamendi and build up from there, but they get to slowly shuffle from side to side in the opening moments of the match. Not exactly intimidating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.