Our PR department and the media

Think the media is run by rags and dippers and it's understandable as the they were the big English sides when the pundits were growing up. In 10 years time it will be a very different landscape never seen as many city shirts in my area before the takeover there was 5 odd in my town now there are 100s and growing. Get a wee buzz when I'm at training and half the youth team are blues.

This has been going on for over 50 years, it's nothing new, the night city won the European cup winners cup in Vienna the next day it went unnoticed by everyone as though it never happened airbrushed out of history by the media preferring the Chelsea win over Leeds in the fa cup replay, everything we did was overlooked just to appease the rag scouse Tarquinius masses even back then, our fall from the top tier over the years was loved by everyone of these media shitheads, I find them all cowards

I think this time has long passed. We have had this for 5 years already, tell me exactly how long you expect this long game to continue. You obviously don't fully get it being in Austin but it has got to bad now here. I was part of the gently gently side of thinking but nothing has changed at all, nothing. I am not talking about every snipe, but over time they build up and at some point you have to say enough is enough.

Vicky may like the club but all i see is a nice lady, not someone a reporter would be arsed about after doing a hatchet job on the club. To be honest she seems useless, that is the impression given, not great considering what her job title is. I get her directives may force her to be like this, it is still shit and she is head of the dept so she should take the flak tbh.

A good example was the other week i read a small article about china and the cash they have with a generic pic of us mid game. the tone was 'greedy players'. To much of this stuff happens now for my liking, it is underhand and deserves challenging imo. We were not even mentioned in it, rooney was though so why not a pic of him?

This negative media will be around until there employers who support the scum Liverpool Arsenal disappear from any media work! We all know that will never happen and with the stand City are taking, with no repercussion to the media for this negative writing/broadcasting it will never end!

The drip drip impact of negative coverage is certainly damaging us but it's not that easy to combat. The printed and website media will always be biased for commercial reasons and that's why we suffer blanket coverage of the rags. It's the same in Spain with Barca, Real, and in Germany with Bayern.
The difference here is that coverage of City is often negative and nasty. There are many reasons for this and some of it is essentially racism towards our owners. The other factor is the way United have manipulated the media for years. Under Ferguson they were bullies.
I have heard some incredible stories about the way that club has conducted its business in the Manchester area over the years, nothing to do with football but they way they handle their suppliers for example. The rags have been doing this for years and have still got a lot of friends in high places.The bottom line is that they still have more influence than us and it will take decades for this to change but we have made a start.
The thing that annoys me the most is the BBC online coverage. It is one of the world's biggest websites and we can't afford to let them continue to trash us. The "Pete the Badge" thing is more damaging than a lot of people think. Our PR team has to fight back on these sort of issues but still needs to pick its battles carefully.

This negative media will be around until there employers who support the scum Liverpool Arsenal disappear from any media work! We all know that will never happen and with the stand City are taking, with no repercussion to the media for this negative writing/broadcasting it will never end!
You are right bud and 99% of the time i just ignore them. Maybe the BBC trying to shifty around wound me up. It does suck though, i want to be a kid again when the world was simple and small xD

@AustinBlue i just read back my post and it may sound a bit pissy me noting you not fully getting it. Sorry if it does sound that way, it was not my intent. What i was trying to say is the media coverage you get and what we get you can imagine is different. If a match is on now, i will go directly for the USA coverage. They call it as it is and i love it, actual genuine punditry unrestricted from our archaic establishment mentality, i love it.

The drip drip impact of negative coverage is certainly damaging us but it's not that easy to combat. The printed and website media will always be biased for commercial reasons and that's why we suffer blanket coverage of the rags. It's the same in Spain with Barca, Real, and in Germany with Bayern.
The difference here is that coverage of City is often negative and nasty. There are many reasons for this and some of it is essentially racism towards our owners. The other factor is the way United have manipulated the media for years. Under Ferguson they were bullies.
I have heard some incredible stories about the way that club has conducted its business in the Manchester area over the years, nothing to do with football but they way they handle their suppliers for example. The rags have been doing this for years and have still got a lot of friends in high places.The bottom line is that they still have more influence than us and it will take decades for this to change but we have made a start.
The thing that annoys me the most is the BBC online coverage. It is one of the world's biggest websites and we can't afford to let them continue to trash us. The "Pete the Badge" thing is more damaging than a lot of people think. Our PR team has to fight back on these sort of issues but still needs to pick its battles carefully.

Fortunately they are in denial or something about this race to the bottom. They dare not break this self harming ethos of agenda driven reporting and not simply reporting the news. If one of these papers got 5 Martin Samuel's and had the balls to let them report like him it would at least see declining sales arrested a bit i would hope.

You are right bud and 99% of the time i just ignore them. Maybe the BBC trying to shifty around wound me up. It does suck though, i want to be a kid again when the world was simple and small xD

@AustinBlue i just read back my post and it may sound a bit pissy me noting you not fully getting it. Sorry if it does sound that way, it was not my intent. What i was trying to say is the media coverage you get and what we get you can imagine is different. If a match is on now, i will go directly for the USA coverage. They call it as it is and i love it, actual genuine punditry unrestricted from our archaic establishment mentality, i love it.

I didn't take that as pissy. I pretty much get all the news you do, and talk shite, and I'm in England frequently enough to understand how biased it is. I don't disagree that the bias is shocking.

The 'long game' argument always tickles me. What exactly are we waiting for? All the present reporters/journalists to die of old age?
By that time the next generation will have been brainwashed into thinking we're shit on a shoe as well.
So exactly how long is this imaginary long game? I'd like to see some balance before I'm six feet under if that's possible.

An example that City could use is look at what Donald Trump has done (never thought I would say that). He may be mad but he doesnt hang about. He has taken exception to what some media outlets have said about him so he has banned those outlets from receiving off the record briefings. We need to do something similar. We have papers like the Sun and Star vilifying one of our players the editors of those papers should be informed one more breach and they will have their press badges rescinded and that should be the same for any of the media. We dont need to fight them in the playground lets close the gates and not let them in to play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.