Our PR department and the media

I think that the media are simply more harsh on you because of the money influx. They expect big things from you, and so when you fail. It's all "Ah see, money can't buy you x."

I dunno, maybe im wrong. But that's how I see it. They judge you much more strictly than any other side.

I think you are right to a degree as it does give them a stick to beat us with.

However that isn't the full story , and I don't think that they actually want to see City succeed, due to their relationship with both United and Liverpool , who have not risen to where they are " expected to be " at this moment . And that is probably where much of the shite they print is coming from. The established " media darlings " have not risen to their previous levels , and the " new kid on the block " is taking the attention away from them ..........................................and getting a severe kicking whenever possible.

But the BBC are supposedly there to present an impartial and unbiased stance !

I think that the media are simply more harsh on you because of the money influx. They expect big things from you, and so when you fail. It's all "Ah see, money can't buy you x."

I dunno, maybe im wrong. But that's how I see it. They judge you much more strictly than any other side.
Nah it is more than that. There are Liverpool and Utd pundits, fans working in the backroom, the media is infested with them and they are all pushing their own agenda. Utd spent a comparable amount to City yet it is City who are targeted. Little things like that. The negativity in City games commented on by Liverpool ex players is demoralising, listening to Utd pundits sticking the boot in because it supports their team... BBC manutd fanboy reporters who get exclusive access and reports from Utd for nothing? no way it is for pushing, ever so slightly, the positivity towards Utd or Liverpool

I mean look at Liv, nothing won, spent and spent and spent and under achieved yet they get more favorable coverage than City.

We dont think there is a conspiracy, but until we have had a generation of City players getting into the media and actually supporting our endeavours we will have to put up with this shit.

I've heard the MUBBC are changing "Crimewatch" to "City attendance watch" where highly intelligent people like Robbie Savage ignore any empty seats at any other stadium in the world and poke fun at a club averaging in the top 4 in the country for not quite selling out a midweek game with just six days notice. Dion Dublin to co-star.

If you are getting your daughter to read this thread to you Robbie you sir are an irrelevant Gail Platt looking cnut that is perfectly made for MUBBC

There's probably some of that.

The BBC can sometimes appear to be a press release for them though! I'm sure some of it is harvesting webclicks, and there are more of them to keep happy.

PS: Please finish above them!

And what exactly has £89 million (and possibly more) bought that shower of shite yet hardly a word or criticism

Nah it is more than that. There are Liverpool and Utd pundits, fans working in the backroom, the media is infested with them and they are all pushing their own agenda. Utd spent a comparable amount to City yet it is City who are targeted. Little things like that. The negativity in City games commented on by Liverpool ex players is demoralising, listening to Utd pundits sticking the boot in because it supports their team... BBC manutd fanboy reporters who get exclusive access and reports from Utd for nothing? no way it is for pushing, ever so slightly, the positivity towards Utd or Liverpool

I mean look at Liv, nothing won, spent and spent and spent and under achieved yet they get more favorable coverage than City.

We dont think there is a conspiracy, but until we have had a generation of City players getting into the media and actually supporting our endeavours we will have to put up with this shit.

This is noticeable during cup matches – if we're drawn against a lower league team, you can guarantee the commentator will mention the cost of our squad or the amount of wages certain players are on... yet I have yet to hear the Rags get the same treatment, despite being the most expensive squad ever assembled in the history of the PL!

BBC's leading headlines in the last 24 hours, complete with a section from Simon Stones on how not everything is going well. Weird how no one else gets this treatment.

BBC's leading headlines in the last 24 hours, complete with a section from Simon Stones on how not everything is going well. Weird how no one else gets this treatment.

As we all know it's the narrative. Man U's league cup win is the spearhead for their future success. Man City's current involvement for the other trophies won't make headlines unless we're knocked out. He's a sniveling shit.

Great responses @Bozzie & @dario2739. Sums up my feelings on it perfectly.

Regarding this article Pep himself said the season would be a failure if he did not win a trophy so Stone is only summarising his words though it's completely transparent that it's a dig at Pep for bringing in Bravo. Has no other manager bought a player who did not hit it off? And I wouldn't mind betting it was a leading question from Stone himself in the press conference that prompted Pep's words.

The bias is unrelenting from the BBC, I was irked by the positive spin they put on the headline "Man United score away goal in Rostov draw". As if it was some sort of fucking achievement. Not United struggle to a draw, or United lucky to escape with a draw, or even just United frustrated with draw.

So I did a little digging to about the author Shamoon Hafez. Now automatically I suspected he was a dyed in the wool rag fan. His Twitter seems to confirm it. Every other post is hashtag MUFC. https://twitter.com/ShamoonHafez?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Now as a journalist I appreciate you may have allegiances, but Christ there should be some independent reporting going on if you are a journalist for the BBC? Or at least don't make it so blindingly obvious.

Good find, interesting when I clicked into it the Who else to follow was quite damning

IMG%5Dhttp://i67.tinypic.com/30nj0oh.png%5B/IMG%5D

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i67.tinypic.com/30nj0oh.png%5B/IMG%5D

1 with a rag shirt on, one self proclaimed rag media & the 3rd that rag twunt Stone

Sorry, edit - image file not working

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.