Our PR department and the media

1) Any big win will only be because the opponent played badly.

2) Any decision which goes for City will be focused on x100 and they will only have won because of this decision.

3) Any decision which goes against City will be given minimum coverage without being highlighted as a possible reason for defeat.

4) Any decision which goes for City and is 'missed' by the referee will be headline news and the main back page story for the sport pages in order to get the player suspended.

5) If City win the title it will be only expected of them & any awards or credit will be directed to the highest performing British manager of that season.

6) City players will not be highlighted as potential player of the year candidates, even during title winning seasons.

7) Any English player who joins City will be labely as being greedy and having ruined their career. They will be the reason for any defeats or eliminations.

Last edited:
7) Man city Manager can win the double in his first season and not get manager of the year because with our squad its expected so gave it Pardew.

I listened too yesterdays match simultaneously on 5live and GMR and watched the 'highlights' on motd.
I don't know who the 5l presenter is but what a fucking biased wanker he was. Slagged us off, took the piss and talked complete bollox.
One of his gems in the first half was, " City can still theoretically catch spurs although it's highly unlikely. I can't see spurs losing their last 3 games and City won't win all theirs."
Over on GMR, the excellent Jack Dearden was drooling over the one touch football we were playing and stated, "City are, and have been all season, a joy too watch at times."
As for motd's coverage, well you probably saw it and know what a negative, twisted pile of shite it was.

how about:

the media will pre write its own narrative way before looking at, or investigating any facts or looking for any actual insights to what does eventually happen, and then stick to its own narrative based on opinion of people who have the collective knowledge regarding football of an onion!

I watched TSN and believe me the commentary was appalling. I do not know who the commentator was but he was English and there was a deep desire from him for Leicester to get in to the game and he made that absolutely clear: talking up City's alleged nerves from the moment they scored; focussing on the impacting Raheem Sterling being offside and then interfering with play and referrring to Leicester being "Well in this," at every opportunity. It felt like City were not the better team for most off the game.

Seriously - we need to wise-up folks.

For the media, the rags are like sex and sex sells. That's why the media leeches the bastards - not because they like them necessarily, but because appearing to like them makes them money.

We are negatively represented by the media because a. we threaten the commercial viability of this relationship and b. we fucked-up the cosy cartel.

For those seeking "fairness" and "balanced representation" - it's a forlorn and naive hope that leads to continual disappointment. Fairness and balance does not sell newspapers and/or generate clicks. It's magnolia. So it's either having smoke blown up your arse by a bunch of sycophants which, in no time at all, becomes your distorted view of reality and you then become (and also attract) a bunch of arrogant, hateful fucking wankers a la our rag friends or alternatively you are represented as the devil incarnate, despised by all but your own.

With those 2 choices I take the latter every time. Know your enemies, see them for what they truly are, circle the wagons, and destroy them.

Sky, Talksport, the Sun - a media machine driving football opinion in this country and from the same despicable bastards responsible for "The Truth"

7) Man city Manager can win the double in his first season and not get manager of the year because with our squad its expected so gave it Pardew.

In fact Pardew was awarded the PL Manager of the Season in 2012. Despite the award customarily being given to the title winning manger Pardew got it for getting Newcastle to 5th. At that time the only non-British managers to win the award were Mourinho and Wenger.

It was in 2013-14 that Pellegrini won the PL title and the League Cup in his first season in England but the 'only two foreigners' rule kicked in again and the award went to Pulis for making Palace slightly less shite than previous years. They finished in the bottom half of the table all of 12 points above the relegation places. Of course when Mourinho returned to Chelsea the following season and won the PL title and the League Cup the award was given to him for achieving the same feat as Pellegrini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.