Our Wages Are Now The 4th Highest (apparently)

Man United top Premier League wage bill table, with Man City behind Liverpool

The top five wage bills in the Premier League per The Guardian are:

1. Manchester United – £232m
2. Chelsea – £224m
3. Liverpool – £208m
4. Manchester City – £198m
5. Arsenal – £195m

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/06/01...ge-bill-table-with-man-city-behind-liverpool/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/01/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

It wasn't long ago that the fans of these other clubs were constantly taking the piss out of us and City because of our player wages. Well, I wonder what they want to say now? Especially Liverpool fans.

And as we release more of our older high earning players from the past and replace those players with younger players who earn less, our wage bill will continue to go down.

Recap.

No debt.
Income £392mill
Profit. £20.5mill
*stand corrected on those figures

Last edited:
Is that correct? I just can't get my head around the dippers being so high, they'be not got that many high earners surely?

Now, is a bit of a mistatement the figures are for 2016 and since last summer's signings they may well be higher.
Mind you so might some of the others though Chelsea probably haven't recruited too many high earners and have shed the likes of Oscar.
Liverpool recruited no one of note last summer.
Rags did some big recruiting.

Where's my thread gone? Player wages!

Is Showsec running this site now? ;-)

Even as a City fan I can’t fathom how Liverpool’s wage bill would have been higher than ours. We would have been paying huge salaries to the likes of Yaya, Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva and Kompany and I doubt anyone in that Liverpool squad would have been earning close to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.