Our Wages Are Now The 4th Highest (apparently)

Who the fuck are Liverpool paying shit loads of money to??!! Well, I suppose the answer must be "everyone", but fuck me that figure is almost unbelievable!

Even as a City fan I can’t fathom how Liverpool’s wage bill would have been higher than ours. We would have been paying huge salaries to the likes of Yaya, Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva and Kompany and I doubt anyone in that Liverpool squad would have been earning close to them.

No wonder Milner was so keen to become their new left back!

Even as a City fan I can’t fathom how Liverpool’s wage bill would have been higher than ours. We would have been paying huge salaries to the likes of Yaya, Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva and Kompany and I doubt anyone in that Liverpool squad would have been earning close to them.
A while ago City renegotiayed players contracts so that they were heavily incentivised. Lower basic wage, bonuses if you win.

I think if you were to take a current wage bill, City and Utd would be the top 2 by far as both added a lot of players

Pretty sure accounts for City Football Services and City Football Marketing are publicly available.

These are the two subsidiaries that had some City staff transferred to it a few years back. It's not all non playing staff as you suggest, just staff that work for all teams/clubs in the group. CFS and CFM then charge each of the clubs for their services.

It's like outsourcing a department. Totally legitimate. Manchester City shouldnt be responsible for wages of staff working for other clubs in the group, just the work done for Manchester City.

Pretty sure any attempt to hide image rights would not be allowed. AFAIK we need to lodge financial details of all subsidiaries when submitting FFP returns so unless David Gill thought he wouldn't bother this time I'm guessing it's all above board.

You're quite right they are available - I hadn't gone looking for them before. Consolidated Employee Costs for the group are £254m for 15/16 season, which is probably a fairer reflection. Player and staff costs specific to MCWFC, NYC, and Melbourne will be tiny (and CFG dont own 100% of NYC anyway).

I'd say in a direct comparison ours would be very similar to the swamp dwellers.

I'm not for one minute suggesting any wrong doing - its completely legitimate, my point was to give an explanation for the people struggling to accept that Liverpool spent more than us. In reality they didn't.

On the accounts they should show how much they charged related parties for their services. That should give an idea of what percent of work was carried out for each of the teams in the group.

Its the danger money for playing in and living near that *hithole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.