Outdated Voting

When the last general election happened I went to vote and thought something was a miss as the candidate I wanted to vote for wasn't on the slip, so I went and asked at the table why they weren't to be told there had been a printing error so he had been missed off... missed off I said, so how the hell is that fair, I just spoiled my vote and stuck it in the box, i've been dubious ever since as many people wouldn't even know who was standing and wouldn't have realised he had been 'missed' off the list

Just nipped down to my local polling station, and realised how old fashioned and outdated the process is... No wonder many people can't be bothered turning up to vote.

Shirley there can be a secure online way, maybe linking a mobile phone and or bank account to your vote to verify?

So you designate a mobile number, voting.gov.uk text you this unique code that you enter on their website, with this mobile number owners details having to correlate with your details (Voda, EE, O2 would pass on account owner details to the Government)

A separate way is by verifying a bank account with the same name then voting.

The option could still be available to vote using paper but for me it would encourage alot more people to vote if it was available online

What bloody nonsense!
You want to complicate it with a method that would be so easy to defraud.
Not everyone has internet access
And
Believe it or not not every one has a bank account.
And, unbelievably, you propose involving mobile phone companies in the process!
Not only do I support the present system wholeheartedly I'd abolish postal votes. Too much fraud in them as well.

Who said I want to?
I was merely throwing out ideas as to make voting much more modern and relevant to today's society.

I welcome any idea which could make it easier/more accessible to vote.

My mother couldn't be assed going down to the polling station today as she's been out working all day, then after work she's straight out to do work related to her small business... After that she was out at the gym.
People haven't got time to be going down to polling stations yet they could quickly tick a box on some all for their smartphone.

Yes not everyone has a phone. Yes not everyone has the Internet.
I know.

But millions do.

Went and voted this morning choice of labour, green & ukip nearly didn't bother as think all 3 are a waste of time but as millions have fought to give me the right to vote I chose who I thought was the best of the drivel on offer.

they were the only 3 candidates? we had a list of about 12 plus for London Mayor

I'm a poll clerk, long fucking day but I always enjoy it.

Online voting is a no go even in polling stations. A simple power cut would cause chaos.

Who said I want to?
I was merely throwing out ideas as to make voting much more modern and relevant to today's society.

I welcome any idea which could make it easier/more accessible to vote.

My mother couldn't be assed going down to the polling station today as she's been out working all day, then after work she's straight out to do work related to her small business... After that she was out at the gym.
People haven't got time to be going down to polling stations yet they could quickly tick a box on some all for their smartphone.

Yes not everyone has a phone. Yes not everyone has the Internet.
I know.

But millions do.

Mummy's just got her priorities fucked up that's all.

Just nipped down to my local polling station, and realised how old fashioned and outdated the process is... No wonder many people can't be bothered turning up to vote.

Shirley there can be a secure online way, maybe linking a mobile phone and or bank account to your vote to verify?

So you designate a mobile number, voting.gov.uk text you this unique code that you enter on their website, with this mobile number owners details having to correlate with your details (Voda, EE, O2 would pass on account owner details to the Government)

A separate way is by verifying a bank account with the same name then voting.

The option could still be available to vote using paper but for me it would encourage alot more people to vote if it was available online

Stop trying to upset the old status quo

You'll be wanting actual democratic representation next ffs

First past the post based on meaningless constituencies and a small turn out - that's what's best for you ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.